Export thread

Help me out

M

mikes3028

Hey ya'll, just recently joined the forum when I had an issue with my LT1000. I have been lurking around here for a couple of yrs now. Theres a lot of knowledge on here and always is the first place I come to with problems. I am looking to buy a new rider, either the YTH24k48 or the YT 3000. I have about 3-4 acres to cut and a whole lot of leaves to pick up in the fall. I currently cut with the LT1000 (can,t remember what yr I bought it but it is at least 10 yrs old) and in the fall i hook up a Agri - Fab yard vac that weighs approx 300 lbs empty and closer to 500 lbs when full. I am needing a rider that will pull this yard vac. I am not sure how the hydrostat trans will hold up to this and also on the hills which are not real steep. Seems like from what I have been reading the hydrostats are not very strong with pulling something heavy. I do all my own maintence and repairs. I change the oil 4-5 times a yr since it gets used yr round. Are the 2 mowers that I listed capable of pulling or do I need to look for riders with manual trans? Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Mike

M

man00

I think I would look around for a good used JD or Kubota..You should be able to find one for that 1800.00 the YTH24k48 will cost. Not saying it won't do as you want but the JD or kubota would be much better.

Carscw

Carscw

I think I would look around for a good used JD or Kubota..You should be able to find one for that 1800.00 the YTH24k48 will cost. Not saying it won't do as you want but the JD or kubota would be much better.

Why would the JD do better?

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

M

man00

Why would the JD do better?

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

3-4 acres seems like quite a bit to mow with either of those he listed..IMO

M

mikes3028

Sorry it took so long to get back. I have a JD L120 that I am selling because I am getting tired of replacing parts and plus, it won't pull a greased string out of you know what. It cuts grass just fine but won't hardly pull a hill and it has a new drive belt on it. Do ya'll think the hydro trans will be as good as a manual trans for pulling? That is my main dilemma. Thanks to everyone that replied back. I really like that Husky but I also love my LT 1000. I did look at the mfg date and it is 1998. I use it for everything and probably some things I shouldn't.

Thanks again, Mike

TnHusky

TnHusky

Well the thing about the YTH24K48 is at least it has a beefed up tranny from the normal K46 Tuff Tq. It has a K57R, you can look them up on Tuff Tq's website to see the difference.

M

mikes3028

what's the name of that website?

T

TAZ

what's the name of that website?

Googled it for ya

Tuff Torq | K57

compare em

http://www.tufftorq.com/?page_id=268

M

mikes3028

thanks, i'll check it out.

TnHusky

TnHusky

thanks, i'll check it out.

Mike, what have you decided?

M

mikes3028

I went to Lowes and Sears yesterday and talked to the salesmen there. They were pretty knowledgeable. I like the YT4500 and GT6000 at Sears but the reviews that I have read almost all of them talk about bending the front steering components on tight turns. Not real happy bout that because my yard has a few rough spots. The YTH24k48 and LGT26k54 really turned me on. I am still scared about the hydrostatic trans when pulling that agri fab yard vac. I am wondering if the F7 trans will have the torque to pull the yard vac. I really prefer that mower over the LGT but if I need the bigger machine then thats what I am going to buy. The LGT accepts ground engaging attachs. which tells me it should pull the yard vac. I still want to go back to Sears and look at the manual trans mowers before I decide. Man this is tough. People HELP ME OUT.

Mike

M

mikes3028

After going back to Sears and doing more research, I am now leaning towards the GT 6000. I read the reviews on todaysmower website and it is rated alot better than the LGT26K54. I don't know how everyone is bending the steering components, I looked under the front end and it seems pretty stout to me. Anyway, that is the way I'm leaning right now.

Mike

M

mikes3028

Well, finally made my mind up and was going to go with the GT 5000 because it had a manual trans. But guess what, they are not even available. the warehouse doesn't stock them and there are none in the state. The only other manual trans that Sears has is in a 42" cut. Sure don't want that. So I reckon I am going to head down to Lowes and get the YTH24K48. With the 3 yr. warranty if it don't work like I want it to then I will carry it back.

M

man00

Well, finally made my mind up and was going to go with the GT 5000 because it had a manual trans. But guess what, they are not even available. the warehouse doesn't stock them and there are none in the state. The only other manual trans that Sears has is in a 42" cut. Sure don't want that. So I reckon I am going to head down to Lowes and get the YTH24K48. With the 3 yr. warranty if it don't work like I want it to then I will carry it back.

Good Luck with the new mower.