Gravely Pro Turn 160 Headed To Dealer For Warranty Work

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Gravely Pro Turn 160 Headed To Dealer For Warranty Work
I think it’s vapor lock. The left hand fuel tank is farthest from the valve. We have high temperatures and humidity here. 95F in the shade is very common during the summer. Add ambient temperature with humidity and engine temperature, there can be problems. Proper venting of the fuel tanks is likely involved too. I’ve never had a mower give off a whistling/singing sound while sitting in storage.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Got a call that my mower was ready to be picked up. I’ll find out what all was done. If the updated carburetor float was all that was done, it won’t be fixed.
I’ll find out tomorrow.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, I won’t be able to pick it up until Tuesday. The dealership was closed from Friday evening until Tuesday morning. My grass is getting pretty tall. I sure hope that it’s fixed. I have my doubts.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
UPDATE
I got my mower back today. A carburetor kit was installed along with the updated float.
I just finished mowing. Twelve days of growth and 2.75” of rain since it was last mowed. Great conditions to try it out. 90F in the shade.
I have to report that it DID NOT shut down. That’s a good sign.
I was thinking it was vapor locking or the fuel tank venting and EVAP system was the problem.
I’ll wait and see. Fingers crossed ?

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Update: It went back to the dealer today. It cut off 3 times today, while mowing. The fuel delivery problem is not fixed. Mowing conditions 92F, partly cloudy, and high humidity. The first time it cut off, I switched tanks, choked it, and it fired right up. After it cranked, I switched back to the tank I was drawing from. It ran well for a while and did the same thing. I repeated this procedure. It shut off once more and I repeated the procedure and was able to finish on the original fuel tank. It’s either vapor locking, the venting system is not functioning properly, or there’s trash in the tank. I still say it’s a venting problem. Maybe the dealer will put on some old school vented fuel caps. ?‍♂️

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
It could be plastic shavings from manufacturing. I have seen this and that would be warranty. Defects in material and workmanship.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
It could be plastic shavings from manufacturing. I have seen this and that would be warranty. Defects in material and workmanship.
I mentioned that to the dealer.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
If it cuts off again and you switch tanks and it starts back up leave it on that tank and see if it cuts off on that tank. If it doesn't do cut off then it sounds like it would be debre in the other tank.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
If it cuts off again and you switch tanks and it starts back up leave it on that tank and see if it cuts off on that tank. If it doesn't do cut off then it sounds like it would be debre in the other tank.
Will do! What puzzles me is the whistling noise coming from both fuel tanks. It does this when it’s running or is sitting in my storage building. I’ve never experienced this before on any mower that I’ve owned.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
There is a lot of pressure buildup in the fuel tanks. Below is a video of the noise it’s making. It does this 24/7. It does it when running or sitting in my storage building. EPA garbage. My dealer needs to fix the blasted thing. It’s under warranty so, I shouldn’t have to fix it. My 2019 Toro ZX5400 didn’t do this.