Gravely/Ariens Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Gravely/Ariens Owner Check-In --- Read This First!
Well, I'm up and going!!

The replacement axle is bigger than the original. They send a conversion kit with it as well. It was fairly easy to repair, instructions included. Get the manual whatever you do. Lots of info in it.

Thanks for all the replies.

Talons06

That's great news...happy mowing!!!!

alteredz

Threads
Hello All,

My name is Pete. I'm shopping for a new zero turn and I am seriously looking at the ZT XL 54". I'll post a question about this shortly in a new topic.

But I feel safe in joining this group because I inherited my Dad's 1950s Gravely Walk behind Model L, I think. I remember not 40 years ago helping him rebuild my first engine - the 1 cylinder workhorse in that machine. I also have the sickle bar, rotary mower deck, cultivator and vertical plow attachments. I wish I had the snow blower - that would help in the winter!

Cheers,
Pete
Glenelg, MD, USA

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello All,

My name is Pete. I'm shopping for a new zero turn and I am seriously looking at the ZT XL 54". I'll post a question about this shortly in a new topic.

But I feel safe in joining this group because I inherited my Dad's 1950s Gravely Walk behind Model L, I think. I remember not 40 years ago helping him rebuild my first engine - the 1 cylinder workhorse in that machine. I also have the sickle bar, rotary mower deck, cultivator and vertical plow attachments. I wish I had the snow blower - that would help in the winter!

Cheers,
Pete
Glenelg, MD, USA

Welcome to the forums!! How much are you mowing and what's your max budget?? Have you considered an upgrade to the 52" ZT HD?? The X-Factor chain-hung deck, ZT-3100's and the overall heavier build are well worth the $900 over the XL series. Not saying that the ZT XL isn't a fine machine, but the ZT HD upgrades give a more Commercial-grade build and added durability. Demo the HD & XL and see what kind of deal your local Gravely dealer will give you on the ZT HD just to see if you think it's worth the extra money. If I were in the market for a high-end Residential ZTR, the ZT HD would be my choice hands down!!

alteredz

Threads
Welcome to the forums!! How much are you mowing and what's your max budget?? Have you considered an upgrade to the 52" ZT HD?? The X-Factor chain-hung deck, ZT-3100's and the overall heavier build are well worth the $900 over the XL series. Not saying that the ZT XL isn't a fine machine, but the ZT HD upgrades give a more Commercial-grade build and added durability. Demo the HD & XL and see what kind of deal your local Gravely dealer will give you on the ZT HD just to see if you think it's worth the extra money. If I were in the market for a high-end Residential ZTR, the ZT HD would be my choice hands down!!

I didn't read this until after I changed my mind.. To most likely get the ZT HD 52" for many of the same reasons you stated. Since they are offering 48 month 0% financing, the difference is less than $20/month on the HD vs the XL. I'll see what kind of deal I can swing. That part is not usually my strong suit.

Thanks, Pete

donelwell

Threads
I have a 2004 Gravely ZT 1540 and have been pleased with it. Now that it is getting older I am needing parts. I have rebuilt the spindles, but could not get parts for them. Seems you have to buy the entire assembly. So, I pulled the bearings and went to Motion Industries and found them.

Now I have an axle that has broken on the left side and can't find an axle or any parts for the trans-axle.

Where can I find parts???? not the entire assembly.

Mr. Talons06: I am glad I finally have heard from someone who has a ZT1540. I to have had mine since 2004. A few belts, spindles, batteries, but, one thing I found out is the "rods" that separate the pumps one on top and one on bottom have broke with the bolt inside it. The first two I bought the rods, almost $30 each. Then I came up with a 12 inch 1/4 inch nipple with a threaded rod and lock nuts and have not broken another one. Woo that has saved a lot. I love the ZT1540 cuts great, and like you said I will continue to use it until parts are not available. A sizeable investment ten years ago has more than paid for itself.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I didn't read this until after I changed my mind.. To most likely get the ZT HD 52" for many of the same reasons you stated. Since they are offering 48 month 0% financing, the difference is less than $20/month on the HD vs the XL. I'll see what kind of deal I can swing. That part is not usually my strong suit.

Thanks, Pete
Like I mentioned in your other thread, if you can wait another 4-6 weeks your dealer will be trying to liquidate his 2014 on-hand inventory to make room for the 2015 models. They will still be offering the 48 month 0% Interest and just take their best offer and give them a counter-offer of $400-$500 less. Chances are they will take you up on it just to get rid of all their 2014 inventory. Besides, all they can say is no(or maybe at least meet you half way:0)

Good luck getting a great deal!!!!

Relaxo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone, I have an Ariens Mini Zoom 1534 from about 2005 (based on the copyright in the owner's manual). Looking forward to maintenance and troubleshooting tips, since I prefer to do my own servicing.

dpcub

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guys:
I am buying a 4 acre property and the owner has an Ariens Max Zoom 60 with 26HP Kawasaki. We hope to buy this ZTR and can't wait to let you guys educate me>
Thanks

GMeff

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey Y'all from muggy Tennessee. I have an 04 260Z that I bought brand new when I started a mowing business. Stopped the business but still use it at home mowing my 5+acres. I added a striping kit from a Dixie Chopper that I came across.

gravelyhead

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Gravely & Ariens mower owners! :thumbsup:

Gentleman I been using gravelys since 1968 with the 6 hp walkbehind with a steering silky a 40" mower and duals . I have a few i use every week 5660 , 5665 W/B (2) 566 and anther 5660 to rebuild 30" , 40" , 50" mower decks steering silky, ride on silky , rotary cultavator, rotary plow , ord. sprayer , chipper ,broom , blade , reel mower , fail mower ,snowblower all these atachment fit walkbehind and 4 wheel tractors except the silkys The 4 wheeler include 8199 ,( 8163B Rebuilding now ) GMT 9000 , 350 promaster , 50" 60" 72" Mowers ,snowblower , middle blade , front blade , Rear tiller , front mount PTO ,s as you see I have a few Gravelys i still service these tractors and have rebuilt many over the last 30 yrs My dad also has many he still uses including the older L models . I also have many parts from tractors i have parted out . These are great tractors and will last a life time .