Goodbye 2020!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Decades ago we got broken into and they took just about everything ( which wasn't much ) including the B & W TV
As we were both working full time & studying part time we decided to leave the telly and get one of them new fang dangle colour ones a bit latter.
Well it was near 15 years latter when we did that and in retrospect we did not miss it .
What did happen is my co-workers kept sniggering behind my back , continually asking about me getting lucy the previous night.
My teachers kept asking how come I was getting assignments in on time & the students could not believe they were getting their homework back the following week & I was in such a good mood.

Finally the penny dropped .
Down here if you do a science degree , you have to do a compulsory single year humanities subject in years 2,3 & 4.
One of those was phyche . and during one of those sessions we were taught that the mind is most receptive to suggestion in an anxious or depressed state .
Thus the media deliberately tries to depress the viewers or make them feel anxious .
Even the comedy shows, depict people we can identify with who always seem to have better jobs, more free time, no financial problems, bigger better houses or cars & significantly better personnal relationships ..
Thus the TV rarely gets turned on and one died because the lack of use allowed corrosion to happen on the contacts .
A good friends wife, who has a PhD in vet science always uses the line "Too much TV can necrotize your cerebral tissue " when people start to discuss TV shows at work .
Or as a passenger in my taxi once said at 3am on a rainy night "why sit at home & watch some one elses perversion of life when you can go out & have one for yourself "

As for people dieing
Remember there was this thing called the post war baby boom
Well the boomers are all past their use by date so there must be a corresponding baby boomers dieing peak.
Thus we see a lot of the entertainers, educators or even celebrities of our youth dieing on a daily basis

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It’s a use by date, not expiration date. You’ll have to stick around awhile, because the expiration date is unknown. Sorry for the bad news.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Think of it as a level. I'm almost to level 51.

It sounds a lot better. LoL
I guess i am at level 63 but don't feel a day over 70. Couple years ago i almost called the police on some old guy intruder in my house. Then i realized i was just seeing myself in a mirror.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I guess i am at level 63 but don't feel a day over 70. Couple years ago i almost called the police on some old guy intruder in my house. Then i realized i was just seeing myself in a mirror.
The way law enforcement is shooting first and then asking questions later it is good that you didn't call.

A neighbor recently had the county sheriff to knock on his door in the middle of the night insisting they got a call from him. Not fun to awaken and answer the door, to only have a gun in your face while they search your home for no reason just because some two year old kid down the street dialed 911.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Should've tackled him.....

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The way law enforcement is shooting first and then asking questions later it is good that you didn't call.

A neighbor recently had the county sheriff to knock on his door in the middle of the night insisting they got a call from him. Not fun to awaken and answer the door, to only have a gun in your face while they search your home for no reason just because some two year old kid down the street dialed 911.
I have a good relationship with the police in my little town. I am the guy that made them and the volunteer fire dept flags
1609860436308.jpg
And have told them they can park in my driveway anytime they want. They also know that probably 9 out of 10 homes have firearms in them. I am not too concerned.