Goodbye 2020!

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I thought the Covid stay-at-home drill was bad until we reached November. Boy was I wrong. I live in Georgia and ALL that's on any radio station is political ads, often back to back to back to back. They've totally displaced all the ads for ED treatments and weight loss... which is saying something !!

So now I sit quarantined in my home and every 3 seconds is "She lied", "He can't be trusted", "He'll vote to kill the sacred purple mosquito". It's hard enough to be shut-in, but now I'm nothing more than a prisoner audience. THIS is cruel and unusual punishment !!!

Good riddance 2020 !
They make this thing called the mute button......?

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mute and freeze, for lloud commercials that start the full screen white flashing and running 2 second clips. One drawback to a big screen TV and a sound system.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
What saddens me is how many great artist we lost in 2020. Jerry Jeff Walker was one of my favorites.
But 2020 didn't get ole Willie.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
With all the embalming fluid Willie has in his system we may not know when he kicks the bucket as he won't fall down easily. That has has been a problem at work too as workers are dying but not falling down lately but seems to come back to life at 5PM each workday.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
With all the embalming fluid Willie has in his system we may not know when he kicks the bucket as he won't fall down easily. That has has been a problem at work too as workers are dying but not falling down lately but seems to come back to life at 5PM each workday.

I get that. I'm usually full of piss and vingar in the mornings. Then lunch time comes around, whether I eat lunch or not, I just tend to slack off till the tire guys leave at 5. Then I'm back to rock & rolling til about 7 or 8pm.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
One election was so bad with the mud slinging that it ruined my TV
Just couldn't get all the mud out.

About the only time I watch TV is when I'm going to bed. And since I only really care to see old black & white noir classics, I've turned to youtube. .Almost no commercials. And when there is one, I can wait 5 seconds and then skip them.
When I was on Dish, I was a DVR fanatic. If there was something live I wanted to watch, I wait about 15 minutes after it started to watch it. Just so I could skip through the commercials.
I can't stand commercials. .