GCV160 engine boggs down when...

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
According to Project farm and Chris Fix Videos it does help. It will not do it 100% in one tankfull but it does have some impact after one tank
Drive around and snag a push mower that is on someones curb. Run all the Seafoam you want in it. Pull the head. Take pictures of all the carbon that is still in there and behind both valves.

Bet you put seafoam in your cornflakes LOL. So $5.00 a gallon for gas. $8.75 for a tiny can of kerosene. Man you spend some cash on lawn mower fuel. (y)

nbpt100

Threads
Drive around and snag a push mower that is on someones curb. Run all the Seafoam you want in it. Pull the head. Take pictures of all the carbon that is still in there and behind both valves.

Bet you put seafoam in your cornflakes LOL. So $5.00 a gallon for gas. $8.75 for a tiny can of kerosene. Man you spend some cash on lawn mower fuel. (y)
I know your point for sure. But I would never eat corn flakes. That GMO corn is not going in my body.

nbpt100

Threads
All I did was adjust the valve lash and change the oil. The heavy boging down is now pretty much gone. Once it is warms up for about a minute it will slightly bog down but a very normal amount. it runs good while the blade is engaged. However with the blade off at idle the engine tends to surge up and down. I do not know why. However that is not a big deal to me. If I could eliminate it easly I would . Not sure what I could practically do.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
All I did was adjust the valve lash and change the oil. The heavy boging down is now pretty much gone. Once it is warms up for about a minute it will slightly bog down but a very normal amount. it runs good while the blade is engaged. However with the blade off at idle the engine tends to surge up and down. I do not know why. However that is not a big deal to me. If I could eliminate it easly I would . Not sure what I could practically do.
There is an idle jet that hides under a screw that hides under the idle throttle stop screw
That will probably be partially clogged

nbpt100

Threads
There is an idle jet that hides under a screw that hides under the idle throttle stop screw
That will probably be partially clogged
I know what you are refering to. Thanks, I will have to clean it out better.

nbpt100

Threads
I reset the governor and adjusted the throttle cable and the problem went away.