Garden Paths?

Greenblades

Threads
We briefly thought about cutting them in half, but I wasn't sure how and I thought experimentation might end up having them all cracked and unusable if I did it wrong. But the kids liked the texture and bumpiness. It was almost like a low key playground toy for them to hop across and practice keeping their balance--without real danger of falling into the flowers.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I know the middle is not as hard as the outside - The more you know, the more you know you should know more.:wink:

Having a few to crack open ... I did just that.
The density of the inside varies with the weight of the finished ball... None will withstand moisture once the outside cover is cracked.:smile: KennyV

Last edited:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Having a few to crack open ... I did just that.
The density of the inside varies with the weight of the finished ball... None will withstand moisture once the outside cover is cracked.:smile: KennyV

OK -- I was just going by the inside (finger and thumb holes) in the ones I have and have used. Good to know ! :biggrin:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
The thumb and finger holes have to be drilled in a particular patch of thick deep plastic, the rest of the ball is not so thick ... tough plastic thou.
If you beef up your pumpkin cannon bowling balls make fair cannon balls. :biggrin: KennyV
But enough black powder WILL crack them.. :biggrin::ashamed::biggrin:

monica123

Threads
There are certainly some interesting ideas, thanks a bunch for the replies, I have some interesting hunts ahead of me to find something interesting for my garden path.

mystreba

Threads
There are certainly some interesting ideas, thanks a bunch for the replies, I have some interesting hunts ahead of me to find something interesting for my garden path.

I decided to give up on my garden path and go bowling instead...

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've got some Bowling balls for you... Ha ha..:smile: KennyV

Harriet

Threads
You must have wonderful neighbors---I'd never hear the end of it here in Arkansas! (though my neighbors are the best.) I like using "mixed media". I have flagstone/crushed flagstone pathways. The large flagstones serve as stepping stones and the crushed stone fills in around them.