Garden Paths?

monica123

Threads
What are some good things to make garden paths out of? I want something unique and different, do you have any ideas? I have plain stepping stones now, but I'd like something different.

grnspot110

Threads
I make my own stepping stones w/multi-colored pea gravel embedded into the top. Also use river gravel for some paths (will need edging). ~~ grnspot110

mystreba

Threads
I like using large pavers with space in between for ground cover plantings, like this Sedum Anglina...

Attachments

• IMG_0822.jpg
    IMG_0822.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 14

monica123

Threads
I like the pavers idea. I want something so that my son can walk through the garden and not step on my plants constantly, he tries to avoid them but sometimes with short legs it is hard.

Greenblades

Threads
When my kids were little we had a Goodwill month. We went every day to a different thrift store and bought up to 3 of their cheapest bowling balls. Then I buried them in my flower bed in a double curvy path down the middle. I lined it with wildflowers, and put the flowers I loved on the outside.

Then my kids could run down the middle of the garden and make a game out of staying on the path (which were the curved tops of bowling balls.)

mystreba

Threads
When my kids were little we had a Goodwill month. We went every day to a different thrift store and bought up to 3 of their cheapest bowling balls. Then I buried them in my flower bed in a double curvy path down the middle. I lined it with wildflowers, and put the flowers I loved on the outside. Then my kids could run down the middle of the garden and make a game out of staying on the path (which were the curved tops of bowling balls.)

Yahoo for thrift stores! What a great idea - I think that's the most unusual garden path I've ever heard of.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Had not considered that... but I do have a truck load of bowling balls, I had no use for them... They are just resting in a fence row. I bought all the bowling pins from an alley that was hit by a tornado years ago, the balls came with them.
I will try the path walk way out... Thanks for the idea, KennyV

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Had not considered that... but I do have a truck load of bowling balls, I had no use for them... They are just resting in a fence row. I bought all the bowling pins from an alley that was hit by a tornado years ago, the balls came with them.
I will try the path walk way out... Thanks for the idea, KennyV
You could cut them in half with a bandsaw and leave flat side up ! :biggrin:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
You could cut them in half with a bandsaw and leave flat side up ! :biggrin:

The inside of a bowling ball is not what you think... I thought the same thing:frown:.
Only the outside covering is a nice hard plastic. KennyV

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
The inside of a bowling ball is not what you think... I thought the same thing:frown:.
Only the outside covering is a nice hard plastic. KennyV
I know the middle is not as hard as the outside - different ones will have different textures inside - unless they are soft cork they should still be hard enough for walkways --- I could be wrong --- I don't know it all ???????? :rolleyes:

Gramp always said "The more you know, the more you know you should know more." :wink: