Funny picture thread

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We’ll take 31 and freezing fog. Yesterday high 4, low -14, wind chill -23. Today woke up to warm 1, wind chill today -5. Sunday forecast wake up -12, forecast wind chill -30 to -40 during the day. Tuesday forecast a balmy 22. Time to bring out the speedo. As we say in Wisconsin, if you don’t like the weather wait a couple of hours, it will change.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
image.png

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Our flag hasn't shifted out of the north in 2 days now.... Brrrrrr... sitting at 31f right now... supposed to be 13 tonight.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It been 28F all day with freezing dizzle...I was go to Harbor Fright, Tramlaw, TSC, and Kroger today but my truck has no heater so it not safe for other drivers if I went. <LOL> My front deck has more salt on it then I use have cook with in the last 12 months. Still learning this No Salt diet the doctors got me on. Boy food tastes terrible without at least some salt.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
It been 28F all day with freezing dizzle...I was go to Harbor Fright, Tramlaw, TSC, and Kroger today but my truck has no heater so it not safe for other drivers if I went. <LOL> My front deck has more salt on it then I use have cook with in the last 12 months. Still learning this No Salt diet the doctors got me on. Boy food tastes terrible without at least some salt.
I've mistakenly got un salted or lightly salted potato chips before, Yuck.. not as good as with salt

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A little off topic .
I have been on a low salt diet for decades.
The big change was nuking the veggies
So now just about all cooking is done in the microwave ( yes I have 3 at home & 2 in the workshop )
Nuked veggies taste a whole lot better than boiled or baked ones and after you do some testing to work out the exact amount of cooking that suits you, there is perfect veggies with every meal.
The "advised" cooking times were a long way away from the way I like them so I ended up with sticky notes on the side of each one with actual cooking times for the veggies I cook.
However most of what we eat we grow and there is a massive difference between the taste of what comes out of the garden & what you buy fresh or frozen .
What is even better is because we now grow, the diet changes with the seasons where as before we basically ate the same menu all year round .
What was amazing was the root veggies as supermarkets only buy veggies that are large & heavy because they are sold by weight.
The taste of a 3" long carrot , turnip, parsnip or sweede was a real revelation as was eating carrot tops & sweet potatoe leaves.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You get use to them when you have to. I just wish there was other flavors than just plain. Actually there is a lot old ways of cooking I had to give up but at least there ways to around some of the taste problems.
A little off topic .
I have been on a low salt diet for decades.
The big change was nuking the veggies
So now just about all cooking is done in the microwave ( yes I have 3 at home & 2 in the workshop )
Nuked veggies taste a whole lot better than boiled or baked ones and after you do some testing to work out the exact amount of cooking that suits you, there is perfect veggies with every meal.
The "advised" cooking times were a long way away from the way I like them so I ended up with sticky notes on the side of each one with actual cooking times for the veggies I cook.
However most of what we eat we grow and there is a massive difference between the taste of what comes out of the garden & what you buy fresh or frozen .
What is even better is because we now grow, the diet changes with the seasons where as before we basically ate the same menu all year round .
What was amazing was the root veggies as supermarkets only buy veggies that are large & heavy because they are sold by weight.
The taste of a 3" long carrot , turnip, parsnip or sweede was a real revelation as was eating carrot tops & sweet potatoe leaves.
Yes low foods that time to get use to. As the potato chips I just wish there was other flavors as I miss my sour cream and onion ones.

Boy you that right home grown is a lot better taste wise plus you how it was grown. I even grew my self a few pineapples boy what difference than those so called fresh pineapples in the stores.I really miss my fruit trees since I moved and it does take time to get seedlings big enough to produce fruit.

Sweet potato leaves is one I haven't heard of. I might try those next Summer. Do you cook them or just eat them raw?

Last edited: