Fuel questions

billypumper

Threads
I am also a user of ethanol free gasoline, Sinclair sells it in my area, add stabilizer in for over the winter months, have shut-offs on everything gas 4 cycle let the motor run dry. Starts on first pull in the spring, put Seafoam in my diesel lawn tractor, at present mower deck has been replaced with a 72" snow blade (X758) lawn tractor.also buy ethanol free for the garage queen that isn't driven in the winter months, E400 cabriolet.

oldgearhead

Threads
Apparently, Toro recommends using their "All Season Fuel" which appears very pricy. I’ve used regular gas in my home Deere tractor, Ariens Snow Blower and my generator adding Stabil in the Off seasons, when they won’t be used for several months.
What fuels and additives are you guys using in the Toro mowers
I use Amsoil products for all my equipment (2 & 4 cycle) and have never had an issue. I use regular (ethanol) gas throughout the year. I am sure others have had similar luck with other brands, but given my history with Amosil (15+ years) I am not changing. Just my opinion. Never had an issue with leaving gas in the tank (lapse of memory) or carb problems. Just my 2 cents.

billypumper

Threads
Using ethanol free gasoline or using gasoline with ethanol is everyone's choice, ethanol free works for me in my area which has high humidity, climate will have a factor in what works and doesn't work, enough said.

AdamE

Threads
This season, I bought a bottle of Sta-Bil 360. It's ethanol treatment and stabilizer.

Does anyone have any opinions on it?

catman606

Threads
This season, I bought a bottle of Sta-Bil 360. It's ethanol treatment and stabilizer.

My garden tiller sits from September till May normally. Never drain the gas and have never had a problem with it starting in the spring for the 20 years I've owned it, except one year about 5 years ago when I had decided to add Sta-Bil to the gas in the fall. Had to take off the carb and do a quick cleaning, fired right up. No more Sta-Bil for me.
Lots of people love it though, my tiller may have needed cleaning anyway. I'd always ran ethanol gas in it.

Far as gas type, I use non-ethanol in my 2 cycle tools with Stihl synthetic oil. They run much better on the E0. I've always put E10 in my mowers and tillers, I'm going to buy a new JD mower before their 0% financing runs out on 1/31/22 so I may run E0 in everything then, if I can afford it! (thanks Brandon). And Subaru's are great engines, my grandsons go-kart has a 6 hp on it. He doesn't ride it as often as he use to, but it always starts right up, no problems. But they're no hot rod parts for them, bummer. Get a Predator if you want to go fast.

shurguywutt

Threads

Snake oil. If you use fresh e10 you won't have any problems. If you plan to store for longer periods use e0.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

90% of the time it does nothing
I can never understand peoples facination with fuel preservers
There is a fuel station on just about every street corner
Most people go to work every day
Just get it as you need it so it is always fresh then when you are not going to use the tool for more than 1 month, empty the fuel out & use it in something else .
Buy whatever fuel that the station sells the most of because that will always be the freshest, it really makes no difference to the mowers what fuel you use because they are primative engines .
stop conflaiting your mower & hand helds with your very high performance motor vehicles the only real simalarity is they both have exhaust pipes.
Putting 2 stroke in your 4 stroke mower or car will not do any long term damage to anything .
I run a repair business and use a lot of fuel
I buy it 2 or 3 times a week , usually in 1 or 2 gallon lots
The residual fuel in hand helds goes into the lawnmowers as I have the priveledge of using 2 stroke walk behinds and have enough mowers to last me till the year 3000 and enough parts to keep them running till the year 4000 .

boatmoter

Threads
Apparently, Toro recommends using their "All Season Fuel" which appears very pricy. I’ve used regular gas in my home Deere tractor, Ariens Snow Blower and my generator adding Stabil in the Off seasons, when they won’t be used for several months.
What fuels and additives are you guys using in the Toro mowers
in ALL my small engines I use non-Ethanol fuel & I add Seafoam to it