Fuel additive experiment !december!

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've heard some of the pro's on this forum advising against fuel treatment. This proves them right. (as usual)

I'm gonna be a diamond someday... LMAO
I put fuel treatment in customer equip if i service at the end of the season. I makes them happy. I never use fuel treatment in my own equipment. All 2 strokes get dumped out and run dry. 4 strokes just get filled up to stop condensation. If you stop air from getting to the fuel it lasts a year or so.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
They're $23 cheaper at Stens.

Just thinking about this, Customer comes in, I tell them the cranks bent. And they instantly think it's a goner. Depending on the engine, labor for R & R, one could make a pretty decent profit on that. 2 or 3 of those jobs would pay for it.
I got mine long enough ago it was about $100.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
An old car wheel with a couple of studs welded to it works fine

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
the best "additive" i can give a testament too is B12 Chemtool, i've cleared up some poor running carbs by pouring the correct amount in the fuel tank and use it as normal.
B12 is good stuff but i have switched to Seafoam. Had B12 swell up some rubber stuff. The seafom doesn't. Can use it in gas tank and crankcase.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
you whack it straight with a hammer?

Done a couple over the years, 5lb single jack and a block of wood. Leave the motor on the deck. Get it close and massage the blade a bit to get it running true. Not much to lose with a free throwaway if something breaks.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would sure like to know what your insurance company says if they found out your beating a crankshaft with a BFH. Only takes one to go bad to ruin your entire business. To me trying to save a customer a couple of bucks is not a bet I’m willing to take.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
No business here, just out under the shade tree.