Fuel additive experiment !december!

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I gotta get me a bench like that. I was thinking about flat steel, with holes to match the mounting holes. And one large enough for the crank. Then bolted to the shop floor.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've heard some of the pro's on this forum advising against fuel treatment. This proves them right. (as usual)

I'm gonna be a diamond someday... LMAO

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I gotta get me a bench like that. I was thinking about flat steel, with holes to match the mounting holes. And one large enough for the crank. Then bolted to the shop floor.
be good for test running engines in the event you have to remove engine for internal work.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I've heard some of the pro's on this forum advising against fuel treatment. This proves them right. (as usual)

I'm gonna be a diamond someday... LMAO
the best "additive" i can give a testament too is B12 Chemtool, i've cleared up some poor running carbs by pouring the correct amount in the fuel tank and use it as normal.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
be good for test running engines in the event you have to remove engine for internal work.

I've got a few push mower engines that need a little internal work. 2 gov. replacements and one other I'm going to attempt to put rings in. (experimental) Having a bench like that (again) would be great. Especially having 2 sides. Or one long enough to mount an engine on both ends with enough room in the middle for parts and tools.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Haven't needed to in years but i have crankshaft straightner i bolt the engine to it and clamp the straightner in the vise.

They're $23 cheaper at Stens.

Just thinking about this, Customer comes in, I tell them the cranks bent. And they instantly think it's a goner. Depending on the engine, labor for R & R, one could make a pretty decent profit on that. 2 or 3 of those jobs would pay for it.