Front axle bushing

CLStout

Threads
How are things down under? I don't watch much main stream media. I pay more attention to bloggers.

It does do that seesaw thing, but luckily the frame doesn't allow it enough room to move but slightly. I guess I could check it closer for looseness.

CLStout

Threads
I'd be asking myself where the play is visually.
I guess I need to know how much play is expected. I know it should have some play, but since the axle is attached just in one place, I suppose there is some play expected. It just seems like more than it should be. And since it's the original bushings, and never been lubed, I would think there would be some wear

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
How are things down under? I don't watch much main stream media. I pay more attention to bloggers.

It does do that seesaw thing, but luckily the frame doesn't allow it enough room to move but slightly. I guess I could check it closer for looseness.
Too much blogging will necrotize your cerebral tissue ,narrow you perception of the world and reinforce prejudices to the point you will no longer be able to perceive reality .
Like all of the people who actually believe that ex-president Trump actually won the election.
We have compulsory voting down here and because of the poor quality of news managers elections get a massive amount of coverage
We have pre-polling, actual poll day poling, postal voting and absentee voting both pre poll & overseas .
Nothing odd to see massive swings during the day so an electorate can see saw between 2 candidates then by the time all votes are cast a third candidate romps home
But perverted brains would rather believe that communist union members conspired with the Chinese / Russian communist party ( pick either one ) to manufacture votes for the other bloke than the swings being nothing more than the political prefferences of people who vote by a different means.
Postal voters are by & large on some sort of government benefit because a lot of them have some sort of dissability so postal votes always heavily favour the left parties.
Business people who don't have the time to que at a poling booth will pre-poll at the nearest poling place often absentee and will heavily favour the conservative parties
It happens every election down here .
And despite this a lot of right wing Australian bloggers pushed the stolen election conspiracy theory and because a lot of Australians would rather parrot their "hero bloggers" than look at the evidence & make up their own minds over $ 1,000,000 was sent from Australia to ex-President Trump's post election fighting fund.
The internet has a lot more dangerous stuff on it than people doing naughty stuff to other people without any cloths on .

Hawk1954

Forum Newbie
Threads
I guess I need to know how much play is expected. I know it should have some play, but since the axle is attached just in one place, I suppose there is some play expected. It just seems like more than it should be. And since it's the original bushings, and never been lubed, I would think there would be some wear
I am in the middle of replacing the bushings because of extreme play in front axle, been better if I wouldnt have bothered. I ordered the bushings (yes there are 2 of them amazon has them as a pair) they pry out easy they are bronze I believe BUT the hole is so large the bolt doesnt take up any of the slack. The bolt is a pressed thread ( the thread is larger than the collar) and was wildly loose, so I went to Lowes and bought a machined thread #8 bolt to replace it (machined thread is the collar is the same diameter as the outside of the thread) it does take up a heck of a lot of slack, but not like I was hoping, Im guessing with the engineers close is good enough.The play on my unit the axle will rub front and rear depending on how you move it.Would have saved 20 bucks and a hour if I would have left it alone.

CLStout

Threads
I replaced mine, if only for peace of mind. They were the originals, as were the wheel bushings. I replaced those with bearings.