Fr731v Starts but dies suddenly

Hardluck

Threads
I am apply for help again as I can not get my Kawasaki to stay running.

i have:

Changed the fuel ,drained the tank 3 times
changed Spark plugs , They are getting fire
changed the fuel pump. it is pumping fuel
Cleaned or changed the the air filters
Cleaned the carburetor.
Checked the safety switches , they are working are the engine won't turn over (correct)

I hate to beg but I am very desperate for help. If there is a better site to get help please let me know. I am in my mid 70's a not as capable at repairs as I used to be and or I would push mow it if I could

Thank you, All ideas and suggestion are greatly appreciated .

Bertrrr

Threads
If it was your safety's it would not do anything when you try it, so If I understand you , your machine will start but then dies after running a bit ,
It sounds like a fuel problem, I had a similar issue and found the fuel supply side was sucking air from a bad hose connection , Drop your suction line into a clean bucket of fuel and bypass your supply from the tank and see what it does , if it runs longer and ok, then you have a supply side ( tank feed ) problem . Post your results and we'll go from there.

Hardluck

Threads
If it was your safety's it would not do anything when you try it, so If I understand you , your machine will start but then dies after running a bit ,
It sounds like a fuel problem, I had a similar issue and found the fuel supply side was sucking air from a bad hose connection , Drop your suction line into a clean bucket of fuel and bypass your supply from the tank and see what it does , if it runs longer and ok, then you have a supply side ( tank feed ) problem . Post your results and we'll go from there.

Hardluck

Threads
Thank you very much. Correct it does start for a second.
I have removed the discharge line from the fuel pump and turned the engine over and fuel pumps out at a good rate.

Hardluck

Threads
Adding some new information.
I had posted previously about a clicking sound coming from the engine some where but could not locate it.
I finally found it. It is the electric actuator that is in the back of the carburetor.
When I unplug it the clicking stops. Is it normal for it to click.
I never really noticed it before I have the no run issues.
When I take it out of carb and try to start the engine runs for a few more seconds, no long but longer. Of course the fuel runs out the carburetor bowl with out the actuator in it.

Help me ...what does this tell me ?
Will a new actuator help ?
I just can't find the fuel problem.
Tks

Hardluck

Threads
How do you check the ground on a carb actuator or solenoid ?

Bertrrr

Threads
The Solenoid under the carb should have voltage when the key is turned on , this opens the fuel flow to the carb, sounds like the connection there is faulty, connect a separate 12 volt supply to the solenoid and start the machine, if it runs good then your wire from the key switch to the solenoid is shorted , easy fix with a new wire

Hardluck

Threads
The Solenoid under the carb should have voltage when the key is turned on , this opens the fuel flow to the carb, sounds like the connection there is faulty, connect a separate 12 volt supply to the solenoid and start the machine, if it runs good then your wire from the key switch to the solenoid is shorted , easy fix with a new wire
Thank you I will give it try.

Hardluck

Threads
Thank you I will give it try.
The wire has 12volts.
I ran a now wire from the battery just to double check the switch. Got the same results.
Clicking and humming sound. After it is on for 20 or 30 seconds it stops making the noise. Weird huh .
I will order a new solenoid and give it a go.
I am running if options!

Bertrrr

Threads
Might just be the solenoid if the power is constant and clicking continues