FR691V with no ID sticker

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Now that is confusing as I was using the EU website. But this might put thing in perspective as this is from my Kawasaki distributor as PN appears to be superseded to the PN I gave.
1651522108522.png

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Now that is confusing as I was using the EU website. But this might put thing in perspective as this is from my Kawasaki distributor as PN appears to be superseded to the PN I gave.
View attachment 60371
Yeah, they keep updating the part numbers and the price. Has anything really changed other than the part number? I doubt it.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah, they keep updating the part numbers and the price. Has anything really changed other than the part number? I doubt it.
Personally, I would purchase the earlier part numbers, if available. Or, contact a Walbro distributor, give them the numbers off of the carburetor and get a replacement.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads

It's ordered. Customer wanted to go the cheap route. So I ordered the amazon one, and the Walbro one. If the amazon one works, I just ate $120. And it'll sit on the shelf for a year. But chances are, the Amazon one will be junk, like most of them are.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Customers are always wanting to go the cheap route. Here if the cheap carb is failure they still pay for it plus the one that works.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Customers are always wanting to go the cheap route. Here if the cheap carb is failure they still pay for it plus the one that works.

That's what I told her, initially. When I first cleaned this original carb, I told her the float bowl was rusty and it'll need to be replaced petty soon. So after a couple of months, it's running rough. I checked the float bowl and it's rusting faster than I expected. So I told her I wouldn't charge her labor for the R & R this time. (only the part) But if the cheap carb didn't work, then she'd have to pay for the part and labor on the OEM carb.
She was fine with that. So it's all good. She'll be a regular customer. Any loss, I'll make it up over time.
Plus she's my landlord. And reduces my rent $100 each time I mow her 5 acre yard. (with her mower). I'm thinking If I fertilize her yard, I may not have to pay rent til winter. lol

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You still recover the old carburetor if it is only the fuel bowl as you can use one of the following.

Briggs 495933 (easier to find)
Walbro 20-149