Found a bolt not sure where it goes

Thornback

Forum Newbie
Threads
View attachment 69094
Looks like it may act as a guide on the back of the deck and it shows 2 nuts being used on it to attach it to the deck shell, one of which probably loosened is laying in your yard somewhere

Using your image, that is a 5/16 bolt.
View attachment 69095
The 5/16 that is that long used on the mower is the one at the PTO clutch.
Anti-rotation bolt that keeps the clutch from spinning.
Looks like a 'bolt out of the blue' -- sorry, I couldn't help myself.

RevB

Threads
Weird that the nut is still on, think that would have prevented it from falling out or off..

Definite wear pattern around the 1-3/8" point from bolt head.
Lock nut for a deck welded nut....

dad7432

Threads
Aaaaa! The old mystery bolt found in the grass while mowing.... but the riding mower is cutting just fine. WTH is that for? Where did it come from??? Well.... here's a 6 inch coil spring in the grass too. It does seem to be riding kind of rough... OH the seat's moving...! DUH!!!! Lots of fun with that one!

Honest Abe

Threads
Star tech you were precisely right that was what it was I think you very much!
Now the all-important question ... ?

How did it manage to come off with the nut still on ... What broke ???

Hmmm.....

strohmoose

Threads
On my Dixie Chopper there is a bolt like that is used to adjust the motor to deck belt and it has a spring for tension. the bolst looks just like this one.

Have_Blue

Threads
Aaaaa! The old mystery bolt found in the grass while mowing.... but the riding mower is cutting just fine. WTH is that for? Where did it come from??? Well.... here's a 6 inch coil spring in the grass too. It does seem to be riding kind of rough... OH the seat's moving...! DUH!!!! Lots of fun with that one!
Wonder if he found a blue and white sock by that bolt?

Dixie Boosh Wookie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Any neighbors you don't get along with, that are aware that you maintain your own equipment?
:LOL:

Also, have you been using / moving any other mechanical items around where you found it?

Johner

Threads
Looks like a 'bolt out of the blue' -- sorry, I couldn't help myself.
I'll throw in a guess, that bolt is used to adjust the tilt of the deck for better cutting.

Johner

Threads
Any idea where this bolt came from. Noticed it in the back yard after mowing and assume it came off my mower but haven’t noticed anything missing. I have a 2021 bad boy maverick
View attachment 69092
A guess, that bolt is used to adjust the tilt of the deck for better cutting.