Exmark Radius E series with 708 possible camshaft issue

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
  • / Exmark Radius E series with 708 possible camshaft issue
But tomorrow Elon Musk or China may own them all.....

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Musk or Bezos , perhaps
China no way
Their plan is to send every manufacturing company outside China to the wall so we will all be reliant upon them
And they are well on their way to achieving that aim

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yelp China is very well on their way. So many US companies now source parts and equipment out of China it isn't funny. More and more crappy equipment shows everyday here. More and more of it is unrepairable do to either parts are too expensive or simply no parts available.

A customer just killed a Craftsman self propelled walk behind due the blade clutch engagement cable was $75 plus carburetor, blade clutch spring and blade. Over $100 in parts plus labor for fix a 15 yr old mower. No reason it should be that much other than greed and China suppliers. But I forgot about the Trump tarriffs on China goods.

Last edited:

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Yelp China is very well on their way. So many US companies now source parts and equipment out of China it isn't funny. More and more crappy equipment shows everyday here. More and more of it is unrepairable do to either parts are too expensive or simply no parts available.

A customer just killed a Craftsman self propelled walk behind due the blade clutch engagement cable was $75 plus carburetor, blade clutch spring and blade. Over $100 in parts plus labor for fix a 15 yr old mower. No reason it should be that much other than greed and China suppliers. But I forgot about the Trump tarriffs on China goods.
The buyouts, definitely not just in outdoor power equipment, are difficult to remember and keep track of.
The reason I said Loncin engine on an Exmark mower is because Exmark is typically commercial (not like MTD for example). Saw a Chonda on a decent Toro zero turn in my shop last week.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
We are about to see anything nowadays.

I even had a customer insisting me to put on a HFT engine on his TB Horse tiller. It would not fit but wanted me to try anyway until he found had much the machine work was going to be.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The buyouts, definitely not just in outdoor power equipment, are difficult to remember and keep track of.
The reason I said Loncin engine on an Exmark mower is because Exmark is typically commercial (not like MTD for example). Saw a Chonda on a decent Toro zero turn in my shop last week.
Getting off topic, but it is a company stragety that came out of USA universities.
putting it simply is you buy the entire market then you control the market & set the market price
Or to put it another way, you create a monopoly
But it is not a monopoly it is "Horizontal Intergration "
Now that is funny because the USA was the very first country to pass anti monopoly laws back in the days of the rail road barrons.
And of course the USA sees itself as the bastions of the "free market" based on competition driving up product developement and driving down prices .
But according to USA courts a monopoly is only a monopoly if all of the goods or services have the same name
So if the sole manufacturere of lawn mowers continues to market them under 20 different names then it is not a monopoly .

jbugj

Threads
We really went McDonalds morning coffee group here...;)

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

Threads
It’s the Loncin 708 cc engine.
for you sake, I am hoping the push rod is either bent and not making contact to tappet or not seated on cam, off to the side resting on the block passage to tappet, otherwise is suggests there is a cam problem. Pull push rod out and check for being bent. Look into engine block push rod passage. There is one other issue I have seen, but rare, when a tappet which rides on the cam has some issue which has wedged it up and no longer riding on the cam. That is usually caused by debris in the pan from broken parts getting in tappet clearances. Best of luck! Also, a needle imprint on block base should have some numbers further identifying the engine numbers and sometimes the chassis IPL may give the engine details, but most often does not.

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

Threads
“Also, how does an ExMark zero turn come with a Loncin (Chonda engine ?)”
For the same reason Toro comes with a Loncin engine. Cost reduction. They perform as intended. I’ve owned 2 Toro mowers with the same engine. They never gave me a minute of trouble.
They are significantly better than the Chinese Yamaha engines that were put on Bad Boy, Husqvarna, and Gravely mowers.
It is not all cost. A few years back, B&S production was sold out for a year and a half and left many Chassis OEM's hunting for engines. In the years along that time, seeing a market to fill, many new options sprang up and China was a major filler of the holes in needed production. They gradually became almost exclusive supplier to many lines, co branding the engines and supplying the parts thru the Chassis OEM's in many cases such as MTD, Toro. and others. Hardly any OEM was void of China's engines somewhere in the product line. Today, parts for these have become a little better to obtain, warranty if not by the OEM of the Chassis is almost non-existent, manuals the same, but at least most have IPL! Living thru this period has been painful for an "open" repair shop who will fix what he can get in the shop doors. Hopefully, the future of this market will rebound. After all, B&S was the market maker and richest company in the market for decades and now has gone bankrupt. In all the US markets, I think this market has had the most negative impact by China, except maybe the unseen such as Farm land. What I fear next is our citizens looking down on Chinese persons, who for the most part had little choice in the matter of China's overtaking of the US.