Edelbrock Electric Fuel Pump For IS3000Z

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Search Amazon or Ebay for Electric Fuel Pump. Get a Cheap one. I did that for my Murray and it Never Ran Better! No more occasional surging, Instant starts. Any Cheap Pump will do. You're not Racing it, right?
but you have to be sure the GPH (volume) and PSI aren't too much or it will act like you have the choke on 24/7

biggertv

Threads

enigma-2

Threads
This may help you in wiring a 12v fuel pump to your engine. Pumps are available on Ebay.

biggertv

Threads
but you have to be sure the GPH (volume) and PSI aren't too much or it will act like you have the choke on 24/7
Ya, That Edelbrock is a Little Much! The cheapo is 3-6 PSI. Worked great for me. Mine was the Opposed Twin with the Nothing but Trouble pump on Carb.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
If the pulse line is working correctly, then the pump must be checked to confirm if it’s good and fuel flows through the pump. Exhaust the possibilities before committing to an electric fuel pump.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Another thing needs to be confirmed. The fuel lines and screen fittings inside of the fuel tanks need to be in good condition and free of debris. The Ferris screen fitting part # 5023067. Any machine that is 17 years old is going to have some deteriorated fuel lines.

joe_cooler

Threads
Something else to check is the fuel line itself. I had a starving issue some time back. Disconnected the fuel line from the pump and fuel flowed nicely. Engine still starved when ran after 15 seconds or so. Put a separate feeder line in a bucket of fuel and it would run fine and not starve. What happened was the internal lining of the fuel line would collapse under the pulse suction stopping the fuel from getting through the pump. Invisible to see and the solid flow when not being suctioned by the pulse pump fooled us into thinking the line was good. Might want to try replacing the entire line from the tank to pump..

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Something else to check is the fuel line itself. I had a starving issue some time back. Disconnected the fuel line from the pump and fuel flowed nicely. Engine still starved when ran after 15 seconds or so. Put a separate feeder line in a bucket of fuel and it would run fine and not starve. What happened was the internal lining of the fuel line would collapse under the pulse suction stopping the fuel from getting through the pump. Invisible to see and the solid flow when not being suctioned by the pulse pump fooled us into thinking the line was good. Might want to try replacing the entire line from the tank to pump..
True!
With a machine as old as the OP’s, every fuel line on it needs replacement.

DOB

Forum Newbie
Threads
Try it without fuel cap sounds like cap vent issue to

NeonDion

Threads
Well, I did replace pulse line and checked it and can feel a slight pulse but it did solve fuel issue coming out of line to carb in a glass jar with new pulse pump (tried 2). I think I will try the Facet 40177 cube pump which is just 1-2 psi and 7gph. It seems to be the closest specs to Kohler’s version 25 559 01S that Facet makes.
Also I did replace the line in the tank with a new Ferris line with screen as part of problem solving.
Thoughts in the Facet Pump idea?

Last edited: