Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I'm having trouble finding the fuel pump used,
was it one like this? 1637296597837.png

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't understand the term "gravity fed fuel pump". Most Ferris mowers have top draw tanks so needs a fuel pump. Is the existing fuel pump electric or vacum operated?

NeonDion

Threads
Don't understand the term "gravity fed fuel pump". Most Ferris mowers have top draw tanks so needs a fuel pump. Is the existing fuel pump electric or vacum operated?
Sorry, yes it’s has a vacuum operated pump. Guessing the vacuum is not powerful enough anymore and do not want to tear apart whole engine to see why, it does have air pushing out of vacuum hose but guessing not enough to push diaphragm. Runs great when it was working and only has 587 hrs. On it for a 2004.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sorry, yes it’s has a vacuum operated pump. Guessing the vacuum is not powerful enough anymore and do not want to tear apart whole engine to see why, it does have air pushing out of vacuum hose but guessing not enough to push diaphragm. Runs great when it was working and only has 587 hrs. On it for a 2004.
Could you please give us the make, model, and serial number for the engine?

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is the OE part
Are you able to get fuel to the fuel valve?
Are you able to get fuel from the fuel valve to the carburetor?
Are the fuel the fuel lines hooked up to their proper places?
Are the fuel lines inside the tanks in good condition?

NeonDion

Threads
This is the OE part
Are you able to get fuel to the fuel valve?
Are you able to get fuel from the fuel valve to the carburetor?
Are the fuel the fuel lines hooked up to their proper places?
Are the fuel lines inside the tanks in good condition?
That’s the one I tried with no luck. Gas getting to pump, not to carb. Installed new tank line. So guessing a pressure problem. So do you recommend the electric pump I suggested to solve? Any side issues using the Edelbrock pump?

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
That’s the one I tried with no luck. Gas getting to pump, not to carb. Installed new tank line. So guessing a pressure problem. So do you recommend the electric pump I suggested to solve? Any side issues using the Edelbrock pump?
Watch this. This gives you a idea how the pulse fuel pumps work.
That vacuum hose is a key to getting the fuel to the carburetor. Follow the video and check out the pump. You could still have a bad pump. The vacuum hose needs to be in good shape and connected at both ends.I would do my best to make it work before mounting an electric fuel pump.