Echo or Stihl??? which do u prefer

East Coast Mowers

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just bought a new echo weedwacker today to replace my stihl fs80r. The old one used so much gas!

buster57

Threads
I had an Echo trimmer, the equivalent of the FS85, and it never ran well. It was under powered as well. I gave it to the church-God may be able to get it to work correctly but I never could.

We now use Shindawa 231T, Stihl FS-90 and Stihl FS-250. I also use a Stihl BR55 hand blower and BR600 BP blowers. Stihl HT-100 pole prunner with most of the attachments. No more echo anything.

I can not imagine using an Echo chian saw. I don't think I have ever seen an Echo pole prunner?

Mac 624

Threads
Wondering, that most users here run the homeowners STIHL BCエs.

FS 80 or 130 are quiet small and not made for dayin dayout use. We run a 20year old FS 220 and the "new" FS 400 we run for 12 years now.

Onliest homeowner saw we have is the MS 181, which we use in trees mostly, 192 T is too expensive.

Never had any probs with STIHL Equipment, as we never had probs with SOLO.

Solo - equipment for all seasons

But the local shop closed, so we had to look out for another brand. ECHO we donエt have for sale here.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
All my equipment is by Echo, cause I like the 5 year commercial warranty. Also been very good to me. But just wondering which company everyone prefers and why?

FYI,the Echo products have no better Commercial Warranty than the Stihl products. To my knowledge Echo does not have a 5 year Commercial Warranty. Better look again Echo has a 2 year Commercial Warranty, and a 5 year Consumer Warranty.

Black Bart

Threads
I spent the last week reading reviews on trimmers and bought a new one today.
I bought a Echo 265T and used it today it is awesome but i could have saved some money because it has more power than I need.

Paying a 100 bucks more for a 38cc engine is only for bragging rights you sure don't need that much power to cut grass.

My new Echo is quieter than my old trimmer smother cuts faster more power and don't throw stuff on me like my old one did.
Also seems to use less fuel.
If it lasts it will be a great piece of equipment.

Since I'm using mine for home use it has a 5 year warranty 2 years on the others. :thumbsup:

LandN

Threads
I bought a Echo 265T and used it today it is awesome but i could have saved some money because it has more power than I need.

Paying a 100 bucks more for a 38cc engine is only for bragging rights you sure don't need that much power to cut grass.

My new Echo is quieter than my old trimmer smother cuts faster more power and don't throw stuff on me like my old one did.

Since I'm using mine for home use it has a 5 year warranty 2 years on the others. :thumbsup:

i spose in some areas of the country a user might be cutting away some thicker brush/grasses and that extra power might be a good thing.my more recently bought j. deere trimmer has a bigger motor than my other cheapies and was good along the road side ditches that i was cutting.good luck with the echo:smile:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Just curious but how did you get a Echo 265T with a 38cc engine. According to Echo the Spec's for the 265T read as follows:

Engine Displacement (cc) 25.4 Carburetor (w/Purge Pump) Rotary-Valve Diaphragm Fuel Capacity (fl. oz.) 16.9 Shaft Length (in) 59 Shaft Type Straight Starting System i-30 Cutting Head ECHOmatic Cutting Swath (in) 17 Shield Std. SRM Drive Shaft 4-Layer Cable Nylon Line (in dia) .095 Cross-Fireョ Dry Weight (lbs)1 13.5 Dry Weight (lbs)2 12.2 Consumer Warranty 5 years Commercial Warranty 2 years

ECHO SRM-265T String Trimmer, Weed Trimmer, High Torque, Straight Shaft - ECHO USA | ECHO USA

As far as I know the biggest motor that Echo makes is the 28.1 cc and it's on there BRD 280 Redefiner.

Black Bart

Threads
Just curious but how did you get a Echo 265T with a 38cc engine. According to Echo the Spec's for the 265T read as follows:

Engine Displacement (cc) 25.4 Carburetor (w/Purge Pump) Rotary-Valve Diaphragm Fuel Capacity (fl. oz.) 16.9 Shaft Length (in) 59 Shaft Type Straight Starting System i-30 Cutting Head ECHOmatic Cutting Swath (in) 17 Shield Std. SRM Drive Shaft 4-Layer Cable Nylon Line (in dia) .095 Cross-Fireョ Dry Weight (lbs)1 13.5 Dry Weight (lbs)2 12.2 Consumer Warranty 5 years Commercial Warranty 2 years

ECHO SRM-265T String Trimmer, Weed Trimmer, High Torque, Straight Shaft - ECHO USA | ECHO USA

I don't have a 38cc engine I said that a 38cc engine is a waste of money my 265T will cut weeds at 40% throttle, Why would I want a bigger engine unless I wanted to buy more fuel.

If I was going to buy another one I would save some money and buy a smaller engine.

Trimming my lawn with a 38cc engine is like driving a 500 hp car with a 55 mph speed limit it is only for bragging rights but not needed

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't have a 38cc engine I said that a 38cc engine is a waste of money my 265T will cut weeds at 40% throttle, Why would I want a bigger engine unless I wanted to buy more fuel.

If I was going to buy another one I would save some money and buy a smaller engine.

Trimming my lawn with a 38cc engine is like driving a 500 hp car with a 55 mph speed limit it is only for bragging rights but not needed

Ok I guess I was reading the post wrong :ashamed: I couldn't figure out where the 38cc came from, but I do agree with what you said about the bigger engine being a waste of money especially for the homeowner and the more fuel usage with the bigger motors. My Stihl's the 90R and 110R both drink gas like I drink water, I can truthfully say when I switched from the 21.2cc Echos there was a big difference in gas.