Does anyone recommend a Kubota T2290

Ron3

Threads
I was not referring to your post Rivets. I was just remembering how many times in my 74 years I have bought what I wanted instead of what I needed and how easy it is to do.lol

Born2Mow

Threads

Does anyone recommend a Kubota T2290 ?​

Yes. Kubota recommends those all the time. :ROFLMAO:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Kubota makes good stuff... i actually rarely work on any.... just routine services.

Ronni

Threads
I'm thinking of this purchase,anything I should be aware of?What do you like or dislike?Would you do it again?Thanks.
I have a farmer friend in church and he told me not long ago that he thinks very highly of the Kubota tractors as being very durable and dependable.

DWSarow

Threads
Thanks guys,I'm going to try to find the time this week to go to a dealer.

lugbolt

Threads
good mowers. First year they came out, 2019 I think, they had a couple issues with the first production run. That issue resolved itself quickly and they have been great. They are, however, not to be considered for larger yards. They are competition to JD's X series, but it drives better, more comfortable, built a LOT better, and obviously cost a little more. The Kawasaki engine is smooth and refined. The steering feels like a sports car in comparison to the X series Deere which feels like an old chevy. It steers but it's loose feeling because, well, it IS loose (even new) by design. Transmission is nice and quiet and real smooth. It is, however, slow in comparison to about any zero turn even the residential models. But-with that said there are some people who refuse to operate a zero steer and those folks are exactly what the T2290 is marketed to, someone who doesn't want all the bells & whistles of the GR2120 (nor the expense) but a simple gas burning conventional tractor-style riding mower. The deck on the T2290-is about as heavy as the rest of the mower! It is a fabricated deck not a stamped deck like the Deere's are. The blades are nice and thick. Deck runs mostly smooth and not as noisy as some other models. I liked them but I already own a ZG127S, so I ain't got any use for a conventional anymore, and actually sold my pride and joy (so to speak--I was reluctant to sell!), 1995 JD LX188. Loved the mower but it was time for it to find a new owner when I got the Kubota especially since the new owner was willing to pay way more than I had in it (I bought it for $350, put a hood on it, and used it for 6 years, then sold it for $1500)

DWSarow

Threads
good mowers. First year they came out, 2019 I think, they had a couple issues with the first production run. That issue resolved itself quickly and they have been great. They are, however, not to be considered for larger yards. They are competition to JD's X series, but it drives better, more comfortable, built a LOT better, and obviously cost a little more. The Kawasaki engine is smooth and refined. The steering feels like a sports car in comparison to the X series Deere which feels like an old chevy. It steers but it's loose feeling because, well, it IS loose (even new) by design. Transmission is nice and quiet and real smooth. It is, however, slow in comparison to about any zero turn even the residential models. But-with that said there are some people who refuse to operate a zero steer and those folks are exactly what the T2290 is marketed to, someone who doesn't want all the bells & whistles of the GR2120 (nor the expense) but a simple gas burning conventional tractor-style riding mower. The deck on the T2290-is about as heavy as the rest of the mower! It is a fabricated deck not a stamped deck like the Deere's are. The blades are nice and thick. Deck runs mostly smooth and not as noisy as some other models. I liked them but I already own a ZG127S, so I ain't got any use for a conventional anymore, and actually sold my pride and joy (so to speak--I was reluctant to sell!), 1995 JD LX188. Loved the mower but it was time for it to find a new owner when I got the Kubota especially since the new owner was willing to pay way more than I had in it (I bought it for $350, put a hood on it, and used it for 6 years, then sold it for $1500)
Thanks Lugbolt!
I live in Wi.so need deck,vacuum and snow thrower.I was thinking it would probably be Kubota over JD.

mowing4me

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought one yesterday. I can't say much about it yet as I have only mowed once with it but it sure was able to handle the steep hills in my yard. I only spun out a couple of times but was easily able to overcome that situation. Definitely more expensive than your run of the mill, I am hoping that extra cost pays off in the long run.

lugbolt

Threads
take care of it and it'll last forever.

DWSarow

Threads
I got my T2290 in May.Fabulous tractor, added the mulching kit.Does everything well.