ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Another outage started half an hour ago

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Will be joining the Starlink family in a few weeks when my kit arrives. Been having weekly DSL and phone outages that last up to 2 days. The last outage Monday afternoon which lasted into Tuesday afternoon tipped my hand and I ordered the kit, ETA is last week of this month. The $299 kit price must of been what a lot of people needed to make the jump. And what I am paying for 3 Mbps speed is outrageous. So planning on after I get the Starlink setup, and move my antivirus from the phone company then will be porting the landline to a cell. I think my phone, plus internet, plus antivirus with their added little easter egg charges is $228/month.
I was getting 2mbps on a good day with DSL. Most days was 1.5. Starlink generally gets 120mbps.

davis2

Threads
Will be joining the Starlink family in a few weeks when my kit arrives. Been having weekly DSL and phone outages that last up to 2 days. The last outage Monday afternoon which lasted into Tuesday afternoon tipped my hand and I ordered the kit, ETA is last week of this month. The $299 kit price must of been what a lot of people needed to make the jump. And what I am paying for 3 Mbps speed is outrageous. So planning on after I get the Starlink setup, and move my antivirus from the phone company then will be porting the landline to a cell. I think my phone, plus internet, plus antivirus with their added little easter egg charges is $228/month.
You will like Starlink. A bit pricey, but it can also go with you. And the speed is excellent

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I was getting 2mbps on a good day with DSL. Most days was 1.5. Starlink generally gets 120mbps.
I would average 2.7, which was fine for forums, email, and youtube. But don't try to use a second device at the same time

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
There has to be something weird going on. All my devices work great with starlink

I'm not sure what was going on. But I connected my PC and PS5router with the ethernet cable, and it jumped up to the 100's mbps.

My internet life is good now.

Funny thing, I just got a bill from my last DSL ISP. It was $190. This is the 2nd time they've sent me this, after I disconnect it and gave all their equipment back. Which was before the start of the next month.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I thought this bannana republic had both the worst & most expensive internet on the planet
Up until the war inUkraine my usual web consumption was about 10GB /month .
Like you I had an ASDL connection that was pretty bad often dipping into kbs territory
However changes in the tax department forced me to buy a new smart phone so for a long time I have been using the 5Gb of included data bundled with my phone that I only ever use to connect to the tax department with when the DSL line speed was way too slow .
Then for a wile I was just hot linking both phones , 5Gb on one & 3Gb on the other plus speeds of 8 Mbs to 12 Mbs during school hours .
So the 2 phones were $ 29 / month , the ADSL was $ 45 / month so I bought a 3rd Sim card an a $ 200/ year plan which gave me 12 GB of data for $ 46 / month.
If I was to buy mobile internet it would have cost $ 65 / month for 20 Gb