Does anyone have Starlink?

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you don't mind me asking, how much was you paying for Dish?

$28? That's higher than anything I'm paying for a premium channel. Maybe its worth it though, I'll check it out.
I was paying $150 a month.
The $28 charge for Philo gets me all of the channels that I usually watched on Dish.
I DO NOT watch news, sports, or weather.
That was one of the big turn offs with Dish. They would bundle news channels and all of the ESPN channels and didn’t offer anything without news or ESPN. I’m not paying for something that I don’t watch.

Last edited:

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was paying $150 a month.
The $28 charge for Philo gets me all of the channels that I usually watched on Dish.
I DO NOT watch news, sports, or weather.
That was one of the big turn offs with Dish. They would bundle news channels and all of the ESPN channels and didn’t offer anything without news or ESPN. I’m not paying for something that I don’t watch.

Do you have commercials on Philo?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads

Then why do you pay $28 for philo? From what I understand, you can watch almost anything that has commercials on a LOT of streaming platforms for free.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Then why do you pay $28 for philo? From what I understand, you can watch almost anything that has commercials on a LOT of streaming platforms for free.
Almost anything. If you want to watch live programming that is found on cable or satellite, you are going to pay.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Im on Tachus fiber internet. Lightning fast, no. Fastest internet compared to other cable internet companies, Yes.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Im on Tachus fiber internet. Lightning fast, no. Fastest internet compared to other cable internet companies, Yes.

If they'd have connected the fiber coming from town and the one from the other county (just down the road), I'd have stayed with them.

When I first moved here, 2.5 years ago, they said they were bringing fiber down this road. They got a huge government grant to pay for it, and construction was supposed to begin soon. So I waited for a year. Suddenly the fiber crews showed up in town and they started laying it. I got all excited. And I waited.
Then they just stopped.
Then I noticed the crews coming this way from the other direction. And got all excited again, and waited for more months. Then they stopped.

Now I noticed my bill going from $95 per month to $105 per month. Which is only $15 shy of what Starlink cost per month.
So screw it. I'm done waiting. I'm sure Starlink will increase their prices someday. Everyone does. But what are ya gonna do, right? When I'm getting 3 or 4 mbps and trying to watch a good show, that extra $15 per month is well worth it.

davis2

Threads
If they'd have connected the fiber coming from town and the one from the other county (just down the road), I'd have stayed with them.

When I first moved here, 2.5 years ago, they said they were bringing fiber down this road. They got a huge government grant to pay for it, and construction was supposed to begin soon. So I waited for a year. Suddenly the fiber crews showed up in town and they started laying it. I got all excited. And I waited.
Then they just stopped.
Then I noticed the crews coming this way from the other direction. And got all excited again, and waited for more months. Then they stopped.

Now I noticed my bill going from $95 per month to $105 per month. Which is only $15 shy of what Starlink cost per month.
So screw it. I'm done waiting. I'm sure Starlink will increase their prices someday. Everyone does. But what are ya gonna do, right? When I'm getting 3 or 4 mbps and trying to watch a good show, that extra $15 per month is well worth it.
You will be happy with starlink.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
You will be happy with starlink.

I'm already excited. I just ordered this 2 days ago and figured it would take a couple of weeks to get here. So I sort of took my time ordering the pipe adapter mount from Amazon. From what I understand, the Starlink mounts aren't good at all.

Anyhow, I got an email yesterday saying the dish would be here Thursday.
Having tech support I can call. Fast shipping. It's looking good already.

My house has a metal roof, so I have to use the wifi call feature on my phone. And it's bad. People on the other end always have an echo. I lose calls midstream. I hope this fixes that problem too.

davis2

Threads
I'm already excited. I just ordered this 2 days ago and figured it would take a couple of weeks to get here. So I sort of took my time ordering the pipe adapter mount from Amazon. From what I understand, the Starlink mounts aren't good at all.

Anyhow, I got an email yesterday saying the dish would be here Thursday.
Having tech support I can call. Fast shipping. It's looking good already.

My house has a metal roof, so I have to use the wifi call feature on my phone. And it's bad. People on the other end always have an echo. I lose calls midstream. I hope this fixes that problem too.

I am on the Delmarva peninsula in Maryland. The cell signal is spotty out in the sticks as the city people say... I have a cell phone booster from we boost, but the wifi calling gives me great calls on my acre of lawn. You will be happy! I had to wait 4 months for my equipment, so you got a short wait! The service is very good, and considering it can be mobile, even with the extra $ it is a great deal, especially for country people like us!!!