Does anyone have Starlink?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, everything is connected, updated and working. I'm a little curious as to the 40 to 45mbps i'm getting on my PC. But everything else is up around 100mbps.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is your PC wired or wireless?
If wireless how far from the router?
Open the starlink app on your phone and do the advanced speed test. Results?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is your PC wired or wireless?
If wireless how far from the router?
Open the starlink app on your phone and do the advanced speed test. Results?

My PC is only a couple of feet from the router. And it's wireless.

davis2

Threads
My PC is only a couple of feet from the router. And it's wireless.
That's weird. Any chance a firewall or other security system is not liking the new connection? Just throwing it up against the wall...

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You will find many of your sites will be governed as to how fast they send data. Like Google here limits my upload speeds to 12 Mbps but downloads are around 50 Mbps. Also the carriers can limit you transfer speeds depending how compress the data is.

It is sorta like my accounting program that takes up 2.6 gigs of hard drive space but when I zip it to back it up it only takes up 360 megs. If send raw it transfer speed it lightning fast but when compressed it slows down a lot as there is little wasted white space to compress on transfers..

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's weird. Any chance a firewall or other security system is not liking the new connection? Just throwing it up against the wall...

No sir. No firewall or security measures.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
If your phone gets around 100mbps and laptop around 45mbps it is probably just the wifi chip in the laptop. I will assume you didn't get the ethernet adapter so you can't do a hardwire speed test. If you have a poor signal from the router your speed can slow down because of so many packet retransmissions but you say they are close together so signal strength shouldn't be a problem. Can you tell if the laptop is on 5Ghz from the router?