Deck angle to lawn?

Mbc

Threads
Oh I meant to let you guys know. When I heeled my deck. I didn't notice any difference on the discharge or strain on the motor! Everything seemed to work really well. I'm actually thinking about dropping it another 1/4" in the rear. Do you think that would be to much? Or just try and see what happens??????

Thanks again for all the help?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would leave it as it is if your happy with the cut

Mbc

Threads
Yeah I'm happy but, I can't help wanting my stripes darker! I think I've caught the striping bug? He he he......

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah I'm happy but, I can't help wanting my stripes darker! I think I've caught the striping bug? He he he......

I'm impressed with that RZ4623!!! With the nice basic stripe you are getting from heeling the deck I would suggest you check with your dealer to see if Husqvarna has one of the "rubber flap" type striper kits that usually just bolts across the back edge of your deck. Probably cost less than $100 installed or should be easy for you to install and that should make the stripes more pronounced. I agree with Carscw that I wouldn't lower the blades any more in the back until trying that. You can't expect heeling the deck itself to produce very significant stripes. But I must say that picture you posted looks like some nice striping for not having a striper kit!!!

Av8r

Threads

Personally, I like the cut you achieved with the deck "heeled", however, the manufacturers either level the deck (as with my Ferris) or they put the toe down. Where I mow, I frequently find granite property markers and would prefer my deck to not open up like Jaws to gobble up the post. If you want to stripe. I suggest a striper kit with the deck set to manufacture specs. My toe cents. :cool:

Mbc

Threads
Guys I'm sorry that I mis led you! I do have a make shift roller that I rigged up.... I was just trying to find a way to make my stripes more pronounced!!!!!!!
Here's a couple pictures

Attachments

• image-320716845.jpg
    image-320716845.jpg
    496.9 KB · Views: 39
  • image-3084910142.jpg
    image-3084910142.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 23

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Personally, I like the cut you achieved with the deck "heeled", however, the manufacturers either level the deck (as with my Ferris) or they put the toe down. Where I mow, I frequently find granite property markers and would prefer my deck to not open up like Jaws to gobble up the post. If you want to stripe. I suggest a striper kit with the deck set to manufacture specs. My toe cents. :cool:

I get why you keep the front down. I do foreclosed homes and hit things all the time. I heel the deck because it cuts tall grass better ( over a foot ) I have got to where I can feel the deck raise up and know I am on a rock or a few times a axe head. I carry parts with me like extra deck spindles. Been lucky this year have about 300 cuts on them without one breaking.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Stripes are better if the grass is healthy and long

Mbc

Threads
Yeah, thanks my deck is set @ highest setting 41/2" I think

Mbc

Threads
And also I have already fertilized too! Shouldn't be much longer til the brown is gone:)