Cub LT1050 dead in the water.

dugin

Threads
Ok guys, I had some time to work on the lT 1050. Found the relay # HFV6 it is quote, 20amp-12vDC then directly below that it says 10amp-12vDC it is 5pin it has 1green wire, 1white w green stripe, 1red, 1white, and ,1yellow w black stripe. Do we have schematic for lT, 1050? Or don't it matter? Anyone want to walk me thru checking out this relay??🤔 help!!!!
PS, forgot the numbers
just above amp info. O12ZS-TR(555). Took a pic but is not very clear. Sorry

dugin

Threads
PS, forgot the numbers
PPS, relay pin locations just like last pic.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
1725396252619.png
The relay is pretty self explaining.

With no voltage applied to pins 1 and 2 you have continuity between pins 3 and 4.
With voltage applied to pins 1 and 2 you have continuity between pins 3 and 5.

The way relay is setup it latches up when it receives a signal from the reverse switch which you have to cycle the PTO switch to reset; unless you have the bypass mode active via RMC panel. Otherwords when in the normal operating position and you try to back up with the blade turning it kills the deck operation until you are out of reverse and you cycle the PTO switch.

dugin

Threads
PS, forgot the numbers
PPS, relay pin location is the same as last pic.

dugin

Threads
View attachment 69634
The relay is pretty self explaining.

With no voltage applied to pins 1 and 2 you have continuity between pins 3 and 4.
With voltage applied to pins 1 and 2 you have continuity between pins 3 and 5.

The way relay is setup it latches up when it receives a signal from the reverse switch which you have to cycle the PTO switch to reset; unless you have the bypass mode active via RMC panel. Otherwords when in the normal operating position and you try to back up with the blade turning it kills the deck operation until you are out of reverse and you cycle the PTO switch.
I believe I'm second owner of this mower, and I have never had to bypass rev. safety. It mows fwd. and rev. Do I replace relay? Or is it good? I like not having to mess with rev. Kill

dugin

Threads
I believe I'm second owner of this mower, and I have never had to bypass rev. safety. It mows fwd. and rev. Do I replace relay? Or is it good? I like not having to mess with rev. Kill
So the relay is stuck in 3-4? Bet you guys are getting a laugh out of my dumb questions.😂😂😂😂

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IF the reverse circuit has been disable the relay simply stay in its rest position; therefore the PTO operates all the time when active even if you are backing up. Quite simple to disable but can't tell how due liability issues.

Besides I don't like hearing about people getting injured because a safety system was intentionally disabled.

dugin

Threads
IF the reverse circuit has been disable the relay simply stay in its rest position; therefore the PTO operates all the time when active even if you are backing up. Quite simple to disable but can't tell how due liability issues.

Besides I don't like hearing about people getting injured because a safety system was intentionally disabled.
Yay star tech, I didn't get to be 80 yo. by doing dumb things, still have all my fingers and toes, never had any broken bones etc. etc. But can't blame them for trying to protect everyone including those that arent too smart! Have to protect them from themselves!!! Yes I don't fully understand schematics and I do understand my shortcomings. Thanks for all your help sofar. Doug,/ Dougin.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well you got 15yrs on me. Nothing broke or cut off yet. But boy getting old is a pain otherwise. I seem to falling apart after 60. I just got on Medicare and SS back in July. First time I had medical insurance since 2006 when I got layoff in the corporate downsizing fad.

And there are times I wonder why try to protect so idiots as there a lot less of them to deal with if we didn't.:LOL:

Just keep plugging along and learning as you go or at least that what I am doing. And never be afraid ask for help when needed.

As for schematics I had spent two years in technical school learning electronics and have spent the last 45 yrs using that knowledge and they still throw new curves at me by changing things around.

kbowley

Threads
Yay star tech, I didn't get to be 80 yo. by doing dumb things, still have all my fingers and toes, never had any broken bones etc. etc. But can't blame them for trying to protect everyone including those that arent too smart! Have to protect them from themselves!!! Yes I don't fully understand schematics and I do understand my shortcomings. Thanks for all your help sofar. Doug,/ Dougin.
Dugin, where exactly did you find the relay on the machine? I'd be dancing the jig if I could find it on that ltx1046vt. Of note, the reverse safety switch was removed on that machine.