cub cadet xt1 46inch. Leaves blowing out under the deck vs bagged

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / cub cadet xt1 46inch. Leaves blowing out under the deck vs bagged
Unless the mower has some sort of extra fan on it no multi purpose deck bags properly
Add to that most only work really well when set very low which is bad for the lawn .

To get really good bagging you need to to to some thing like a Walker

Raymon1943

Forum Newbie
Threads
Unless the mower has some sort of extra fan on it no multi purpose deck bags properly
Add to that most only work really well when set very low which is bad for the lawn .

To get really good bagging you need to to to some thing like a Walker

I think the reason the newer baggers don't work as well as the older baggers is due to the use of less quality materials and cheaper designs. My old bagger worked exceptionally well. It was a much more high quality unit. Even the mounting/lifting mechanism was far superior on my old tractor. CC needs to completely redesign the new mower deck and bagger. I am a mechanical engineer and designed many types of equipment working in plant engineering in a large factory that employed 2800 people. I know what a cheap design looks like. This tractor and bagger are cheaply designed. CC has to lower costs to compete with all the other cheaper competitors. I should have made a more thorough inspection of the tractor. I never saw the bagger until I took it out of the box to assemble. I trusted CC to sell a quality product. My mistake.

gotomow

Threads
My JD x350 bags great, mulches great. I especially love the mulch on demand feature. That said I have the 42". JD recommendation on the 48" is for blower assist

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As an engineer you should appreciate the different air flow requirements of the different types of decks
As I have been trying to make people understand "universal" generally means "just as bad at everything" .
But Joe Public would rather save $ 100 and get a universal deck than buy a product that actually works properly .
So the mower companies stopped making them .
As for quality again you should know that good is never cheap and cheap is seldom good .
But while he bulk of the buying public continue to buy trash then factories will make cheaper trash every year.
If you visit this site frequently you will regularly see cheapskates posting the question along the lines of
"Which tractor under $ 1000 is the better "
or
"my budget is $ 2000 & I need a 60" deck to mw my x acres what should I buy "

Give them an honest answer will generally result in abuse either on the forum or via a PM .

In the USA as far as I can see from the limited ones we get down here it is either Toro or JD for tractors everything else is land fill temporarily diverted to your grass .

Last edited:

Raymon1943

Forum Newbie
Threads
As an engineer you should appreciate the different air flow requirements of the different types of decks
As I have been trying to make people understand "universal" generally means "just as bad at everything" .
But Joe Public would rather save $ 100 and get a universal deck than buy a product that actually works properly .
So the mower companies stopped making them .
As for quality again you should know that good is never cheap and cheap is seldom good .
But while he bulk of the buying public continue to buy trash then factories will make cheaper trash every year.
If you visit this site frequently you will regularly see cheapskates posting the question along the lines of
"Which tractor under $ 1000 is the better "
or
"my budget is $ 2000 & I need a 60" deck to mw my x acres what should I buy "

Give them an honest answer will generally result in abuse either on the forum or via a PM .

In the USA as far as I can see from the limited ones we get down here it is either Toro or JD for tractors everything else is land fill temporarily diverted to your grass .

Good post! I like a bargain, but I always say "you pay for what you get". Buy cheap; get junk. I do not buy because of price. When I bought my old CC tractor I paid $250 more than a comparable JD. The CC had more good features such as an hour meter and I thought was the best value at that time. Things do change.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
CC were part of International tractors
When Case ( ? ) bought inter they flogged off all of the non agricultural bits .
Trucks became Aveco and Cub launched as a stand alone
MTD eventually gobbled them up and from that day on they slowly slid down the rubbish slope into the cess pool to become just another MTD painted in different colours

Raymon1943

Forum Newbie
Threads
CC were part of International tractors
When Case ( ? ) bought inter they flogged off all of the non agricultural bits .
Trucks became Aveco and Cub launched as a stand alone
MTD eventually gobbled them up and from that day on they slowly slid down the rubbish slope into the cess pool to become just another MTD painted in different colours
Unfortunately, the same whith most things now days.