cub cadet xt1 46inch. Leaves blowing out under the deck vs bagged

lma

Threads
  • / cub cadet xt1 46inch. Leaves blowing out under the deck vs bagged
Hi, Bought one of these about a month ago. Have been pleased with it till now. With the leaves down, decided to use the bagger (which I always have done), and although it seems to have really good lift, it blows many more leaves out the bottom of the deck (primarily to right) than I expected. I'd say 50/50 on bagging vs blowing leaves!
Have never owned a cub cadet, so I dont know if this is typical or not. I've own and MTD and more recently a craftsman, which, although clogged easier, it didn't blow nearly as many out under the deck. . I have the blades that came with it.

Does this sound right to you guys? any recommendations?

thanks.

gotomow

Threads
I'm confused. Do you have high lift bagging blades on now?

lma

Threads
yes. the ones that came with the tractor, which I was/am told are the high lift bagging blades

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did those high lift blades come with the tractor or the bagging unit? Can you post the part number on the blade, so we can check if they are actually high lift blades? Also please post the model and serial numbers for both the tractor and the bagging unit. It’s not that we don’t believe what you are telling us, but we like to double check everything to give you the most accurate repair Suggestions.

lma

Threads
yes. they came with the tractor. I was assured they by cub cadet they were high lift. I'll post those part numbers tomorrow.

Raymon1943

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, Bought one of these about a month ago. Have been pleased with it till now. With the leaves down, decided to use the bagger (which I always have done), and although it seems to have really good lift, it blows many more leaves out the bottom of the deck (primarily to right) than I expected. I'd say 50/50 on bagging vs blowing leaves!
Have never owned a cub cadet, so I dont know if this is typical or not. I've own and MTD and more recently a craftsman, which, although clogged easier, it didn't blow nearly as many out under the deck. . I have the blades that came with it.

Does this sound right to you guys? any recommendations?

thanks.
This problem has nothing to do with the blades. The problem is in the design of the mower deck; the air flow is faulty. They make a deflector for the 50" deck; part number is 703-05783-0637. I have a 46' deck and I am currently trying to find the part number for a deflector that fits my deck. I formerly has CC model 2130 with a bagger; the bagger worked perfectly. I have had numerous discussions with CC with no help.

This bagger is not near the quality of my old bagger.; cheaply made. Every time I use this bagger I regret buying it. I cannot believe Cub Cadet would sell such an inferior product and put their name on it. I have been a loyal CC customer for 30 years. Most likely, this will be my last CC product.

Last edited:

gotomow

Threads
I have a ton of leaves all in my yard. When I was shopping for my tractor I read the reviews of the cub bagger. The reviews seemed very polarized, either love or hate. That's why I went with the Deere.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The old CC were built by Cub, but what you purchased is probably a Yardmachine, painted yellow built by MTD.

Raymon1943

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a ton of leaves all in my yard. When I was shopping for my tractor I read the reviews of the cub bagger. The reviews seemed very polarized, either love or hate. That's why I went with the Deere.
I do not know any thing about the quality for the John Deere baggers. They surely cannot be any worse than the CC baggers.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do you have to bag? Because mulching is very good for your yard. From what I understand, it adds 25% of free fertilizer to the grass.