Cub Cadet EZ oil drain pull & twist

Rickcin

Threads
All will work. Black pipe is normally for Natural Gas or Propane. Galvanized more for water and stainless for caustic materials. But since there is no pressure all are find. I normally use black pipe.
Thanks again, I really appreciate your advice😎

Rickcin

Threads
Thanks again, I really appreciate your advice😎
Now I’m wondering if I could add a ball valve for easy draining and if I could use this with galvanized pipe?

Attachments

• IMG_2147.jpeg
    IMG_2147.jpeg
    325.5 KB · Views: 18

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As long as it doesn't leak and doesn't get bumped to the open position while the engine is running.

Rickcin

Threads
I was going to cap it for added protection.
I replaced that cheap plastic easy drain that came standard on my Cub Cadet XT2 lawn tractor. The day after I changed the oil and filter, there was a puddle of oil on the shed floor from that plastic drain valve.
I now have it piped with 3/8 inch stainless with a good quality ball valve and I have the handle locked in place with a strong zip tie.IMG_1766.jpegIMG_1767.jpeg

driz

Threads
I am pretty sure you can take that nut off the lever and reorient it so it’s straight up when closed. I did something similar with an identical valve to keep from smacking into the shutoff for my outside garden faucet.

Rickcin

Threads
I am pretty sure you can take that nut off the lever and reorient it so it’s straight up when closed. I did something similar with an identical valve to keep from smacking into the shutoff for my outside garden faucet.
You are probably correct, I would have to be very careful when doing that though.

Rickcin

Threads
You are probably correct, I would have to be very careful when doing that though.
I took a closer look at the photo of the valve and the handle cannot be positioned
After an enlarged view of the photo of the valve, you can see a nub on the valve body and the handle will only work in that one position.
I could just remove the handle but Im thinking it’s fine as is and will not be a problem.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Another option was
1715860721272.png
or
1715860756937.png
Probably still would need to loosen the engine to install either one but they are better than the plastic one.