Critter picture tread,(post what you have)

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't know that critter. Would need to see if it had a tail and see its back to try to figure it out. I can see it has horns and spines. Does'nt appear to have any hair or tufts.

OK that is what is called a Hickory Horned Devil Caterpillar and they are quite large.

hqdefault.jpg

The hickory horned devil measures almost 5″ long when fully grown. Hickory horned devils may look ferocious with their their horns and spines and eyespots but they are completely harmless. They feed on hickory, persimmon, sassafras, sourwood, sumac, sweetgum, sycamore, walnut, and other shade trees but are never numerous enough to warrant control. The adult is a large regal moth which lays its eggs during the summer. In late summer and early fall, the caterpillars burrow into the soil to pupate and overwinter. Most remain as pupae for 11 months although a few may take 23 months before developing into moths.

hhdevilfull.jpg

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Two of these fellas showed up at my office the other day.

midnite-rider-albums-misc-picture12588-coon11.jpg

Bison

Threads
Little ducklings allready.:smile:

Here is still two feet of snow :confused2:

BTW, you got an invasions of giant mosquitos coming i read today!!,...keep the .22 handy!!:wink:

Threads
Here is one.

Attachments

• cd pictures.14.jpg
    cd pictures.14.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 14
Threads
up chテコc bテ。c d?t hテ*ng r?nh qua ?ng h? e nhテゥ

up chテコc bテ。c d?t hテ*ng r?nh qua ?ng h? e nhテゥ Your kidding I never heard that before.

Bison

Threads
I got up 1 morning a few weeks ago and this is what i saw,..damm deer chewing down my wife's pride planter centre piece 6'x 6' mungo shrub pretty much to the ground.:mad:
They were allmost done when i scared them off and they headed off to fill up on the haystack in back.
Ah well,..they got to live too,..but why on earth did they needed to destroy the one nice shrub in my yard,i mean i let them eat all the hay they want!
Unthankfull A-holes:frown:

Attachments

• deer eating schrub 2o13003.jpg
    deer eating schrub 2o13003.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 16
  • deer eating schrub 2o13004.jpg
    deer eating schrub 2o13004.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 11
  • deer eating schrub 2o13005.jpg
    deer eating schrub 2o13005.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 16
  • deer eating schrub 2o13006.jpg
    deer eating schrub 2o13006.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 16

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
They ate two of my young sweet cheary trees. What in the world are deer good for other then deer hunting season. I think they should make a year around hunting season on deer with killing all you want along with any rodent.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Those deer do seem to eat whatever plants anyone wants to save. I planted Hostas that came from a good friend - guess what the deer ate clear down to the ground ? I agree that land owners should be able to hunt on their own property all year. I would not want hunters and their dogs around all year. It is legal for hunters to use dogs here in VA. Personally, I can't stand the use of dogs for Big Game.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I got up 1 morning a few weeks ago and this is what i saw,..damm deer chewing down my wife's pride planter centre piece 6'x 6' mungo shrub pretty much to the ground.:mad:
They were allmost done when i scared them off and they headed off to fill up on the haystack in back.
Ah well,..they got to live too,..but why on earth did they needed to destroy the one nice shrub in my yard,i mean i let them eat all the hay they want!
Unthankfull A-holes:frown:

I say: EAT EM!

Wait till they drop those fawns though..........