Craftsman BackPack Leaf Blower No Spark

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Rule of thumb with ebay is to right click on the "View other items " link
Now if the bulk of what comes up are carburettors & similar parts or all small engine / go cart / motorcycle type parts or all lawn & garden & landscaping parts then you might assume they know what they are doing & sell reasonable parts.
If they have a street address listed in the contacts section and you view it using one of the street view type apps and you see their company name on the side of the building then that is 2 runs on the board.

However if they are selling 22,795 different things from condoms to maternity bras then chances are they are selling any old junk they can lay their hands on cheap and by virtue they sell both condoms & maternity wear , obviously some of the stuff might not necessarily work as intended .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The current 753-05633 is a Walbro WYJ-447-1 which uses the K20-WYJ carburetor repair kit.

Here is where the numbers are on the Walbro. If you look on your carburetor you find similar markings as MTD might used a slightly different version than the current part.
1642416375934.png

If you have a Ruixing carburetor then all bets are off as they are clones. And just have to be able recognize if it is a Walbro or Zama clone and get very lucky that one their repair kits will fit; otherwise, you have to replace it.

As for the flywheel to coil clearance I use a repair tag stock but a business also works. If the clearance is off a little 1 or 2 thousandths it only changes the timing a frog hair or so.

welchs101

Threads
i am trying to look the WYJ-447-1 and/or the carb kit K20-WYJ.

For the part number WYJ-447-1.......when i go to the walbro website and type in a search of this part number nothing comes up. Am i doing something wrong?

When i look at the carb kit there are individual pieces that look like go to my carb (i think) but there are other pieces that i dont recall when i took it apart........could this mean mine is not a WYJ-447-1?

I will take the carb off in a little while and look for a part number.

welchs101

Threads
huh, i tried to do that very thing.......i probably messed something up.......i will try it again. thanks.
oh, i forgot to ask , how on earth did you figure out that the carb model number was made by them?

oh, any comment on the "extra" stuff in the carb kit that i did not see when i took it apart?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Their name is on the carburetor. Plus I have seen a lot of their carburetors over the last 13 yrs so I have learned how to id them.
1642433162818.png
It is because the kits covers multiple models and not all the parts are use on all models so you only used the matching parts you need the rest you throw away or save if in the repair business in case just need one of them.

Last edited:

welchs101

Threads
i looked at Carb again and there is a part number on it.

it is a Walbro..........447A-947

is this the same as the one you posted above?

Attachments

• carb.jpg
    carb.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 2

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes it is same carburetor. Walbro just chose to use numbers for the letters use in suffix so "A" equals "1".

Also here is the service manual for the carburetor.
WYJ Service Manual

welchs101

Threads
i have a few questions. I took apart the carb again just to see if i missed anything and to try and verify the pieces/parts using the parts diagram from the Walbro diagram.

Q1: the walbro diagram has 4 pieces shown in the parts diagram where as my carb only has 2. How do i know what 2 pieces i have?

Q2: See my figures..._2......in this picture i am asking is the order of the pieces on my carb correct? or are they out of order...ie should the one that is currently on the bottom be on the top and the one on the top be on the bottom.

Q3: Would you order carb kit or a new carb? whats been your experience?

Attachments

• carbpics_1.jpg
    carbpics_1.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 10
  • carbpics_2.jpg
    carbpics_2.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 11

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You should have 2
a pump diaphragm
a pump diaphragm gasket
There are 4 variations of the diaphragm
The gasket goes to the side that has the little ridge cast into it
The diaphragms are coded by the position of the tab that protrudes from the edge
They are different sizes , shapes & in different positions .