change hydro oil

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
That would be INCH lbs, NOT ft lbs. So converting that = about 10 ft lbs, For Top Port Plug ONLY.

Filter guard screws tighten to only 65 INCH lbs, or 5.4 ft lbs ONLY.

See link below..

Huge difference between inch pounds and foot pounds (12 times as much in fact). Don’t really need a torque wrench for five or ten foot pounds. Just go slowly, with a wrench not an impact gun, and use common sense.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, they have filters. So, ALL the oil will drain from there, thats good. My only remaining thought is the filter guard screws are to be torqued to 115 and the top port plug to 120. If its really necessary to torque to those levels, if I can't manage that level I suppose a cheater pipe would work.
I hope that is not Ft.Lb. torque specifications. You torque it down that much and you will strip out the aluminum case. That would be a very bad thing.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, they have filters. So, ALL the oil will drain from there, thats good. My only remaining thought is the filter guard screws are to be torqued to 115 and the top port plug to 120. If its really necessary to torque to those levels, if I can't manage that level I suppose a cheater pipe would work.
That would be inch pounds not foot pounds.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
That would be inch pounds not foot pounds.
Just snug them down. A combination wrench or a 1/4” ratchet with an extension and swivel are about the only wrenches that will access those plugs. And, you can plan on skinned up hands.

jcworks

Threads
I hope that is not Ft.Lb. torque specifications. You torque it down that much and you will strip out the aluminum case. That would be a very bad thing.
I'll call them and check that out.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Huge difference between inch pounds and foot pounds (12 times as much in fact). Don’t really need a torque wrench for five or ten foot pounds. Just go slowly, with a wrench not an impact gun, and use common sense.
A bit off topic but you DO NEED A TENSION WRENCH FOR SMALL TORQUES
and yeas I am shouting at you
The tension wrench has 2 purposes
1) to ensure an appropriate level of clamping force is being applied
2) to ensure that force is evenly distributed

Perfect example is all of the boof heads who can not managed to replace the rocker cover on Courage singles .
Go to You tube and watch all of the dullards touting their magic fix for a problem that does not exist because they decided that no tension wrench is needed to get all of the 5mm bolts torqued to 8 ft lbs , over tighten them to the point that they distort then head & tear the gasket .

In fact the latter is more important than the former in most cases .

davis2

Threads
Yes, they do have the filters. So, draining is just a matter of removing the filter. Thats good.
The instructions from HydroGear website say tighten the filter guard screws to 115 and the top port plugs to 120. I do not have a torque wrench -- I suppose I could buy one if its really necessary to be that exact. $48 at Autozone.....Geesh. Probably cheaper than having it done at a Toro shop.
Try Harbor freight. With a coupon, you can get a torque wrench for as little as $9.99. That wrench will work well.