Can't Pull Mower Backwards - HRR216VLA to bearing conversion

civic

Threads
  • / Can't Pull Mower Backwards - HRR216VLA to bearing conversion
Now that I have had the HRN for a month and mowed about 6-8 times I really like this mower. It fells much lighter and easier to maneuver. It cuts the same why and easier to start. How I would describe the two the HRR felt like a heavy solid tank the HRN feels like a car. As for my issues when I first bought it, I have no issues now. Once I finish mowing I place the mulch/bag lever to bag and most of the grass shots out the back and just mow over the grass clippings. Every mow I like it better and better. The larger engine is nice too not much difference but it is and helps. The manual states to change the oil the first 5 hours or 1 month. I'm going to wait until I get more time. I have an hour/tach meter on it so I can keep track.

Briantii

Threads
Now that I have had the HRN for a month and mowed about 6-8 times I really like this mower. It fells much lighter and easier to maneuver. It cuts the same why and easier to start. How I would describe the two the HRR felt like a heavy solid tank the HRN feels like a car. As for my issues when I first bought it, I have no issues now. Once I finish mowing I place the mulch/bag lever to bag and most of the grass shots out the back and just mow over the grass clippings. Every mow I like it better and better. The larger engine is nice too not much difference but it is and helps. The manual states to change the oil the first 5 hours or 1 month. I'm going to wait until I get more time. I have an hour/tach meter on it so I can keep track.
Very nice, though I’m still cursing you every time I use mine now - it’s for sure louder than my HRX. I never noticed that until you pointed it out. :)

civic

Threads
Very nice, though I’m still cursing you every time I use mine now - it’s for sure louder than my HRX. I never noticed that until you pointed it out. :)
It is strange cause Honda has always made somewhat quit engines. I know on my HRR when I replaced the muffler it came with a spark arrestor and it was a bit quieter then I removed it to see and the spark arrestor did make a difference. Just don't want to spend the $30 dollars to find out.

mswiggins

Threads
I broke down and purchased an HRN216VKA from Home Depot. It has the green dot on the box next to the serial #.
The HRN is a much better mower than the HRR to me. I forgot what was like to have a mower that did what is was supposed to do!
It starts with a gentle pull and runs well. It seems to weigh less than the HRR to me and will propel faster than I want to walk.

civic

Threads
I broke down and purchased an HRN216VKA from Home Depot. It has the green dot on the box next to the serial #.
The HRN is a much better mower than the HRR to me. I forgot what was like to have a mower that did what is was supposed to do!
It starts with a gentle pull and runs well. It seems to weigh less than the HRR to me and will propel faster than I want to walk.
Congrates! I feel the same way. The more I use it the better it gets. Just wish it was a bit quieter. Sorry Briantii, it's all good.

Last edited: