Can't Pull Mower Backwards - HRR216VLA to bearing conversion

civic

Threads
  • / Can't Pull Mower Backwards - HRR216VLA to bearing conversion
That bearing is 13 mm ID (0.512 in) which is slightly oversized for the Honda axle.
Also, it's a ball bearing, not a roller bearing. Technicality.
This one might be better.
R1212-2RS Bearing
That number was the one I used that came apart but not that brand. There are no load specs for that bearing. I do understand that the other bearing is slightly larger ID but should be ok. Anyway, I have put too much money in this axle trying different bearings and bushings. I am sticking with the brass bushing.

Rich M.

Threads
Too bad Honda came out with the newer HRN because with the bushing issues involving the HRR model, perhaps we could have applied to Honda for a joint “Grant” to fund this endeavor. Only kidding.

civic

Threads
Too bad Honda came out with the newer HRN because with the bushing issues involving the HRR model, perhaps we could have applied to Honda for a joint “Grant” to fund this endeavor. Only kidding.
Too funny, I wonder when/if Honda is coming out with a battery mower.

Rich M.

Threads
My guess is they are already working on one. With California adopting the elimination in sales of small gas power engines and who knows what other states may follow, Honda will need to revise its market strategy or it could take the path of the once great giant - Sears.

civic

Threads
My guess is they are already working on one. With California adopting the elimination in sales of small gas power engines and who knows what other states may follow, Honda will need to revise its market strategy or it could take the path of the once great giant - Sears.
They do in Australia HRG416 and HRG466, matter of time here

civic

Threads
How is everyone's mower doing with mods? Since I did the Oilite Bushing with 2 seals all is well and freeing up at bit. It was a bit stiff at first.

Westman

Threads
Going into third season, all is well. Pull back is about equal to push, maybe 55/45 but getting better as time goes on. These bronze Oillite bushings are the way to go for sure! I think they get "worn in" as time goes on.

civic

Threads
Going into third season, all is well. Pull back is about equal to push, maybe 55/45 but getting better as time goes on. These bronze Oillite bushings are the way to go for sure! I think they get "worn in" as time goes on.
That is good to know and I am experiencing the same. I only have a few months of mow. Was considering a new mower but when I get through mowing my yard looks so nice. Going to run this mower for as long as I can. Not sure on battery mowers, too expensive and not sure of quality of cut. Hard or can't beat a Honda mower for quality of cut.

Briantii

Threads
Alright guys. Well… I’m out. Freaking dust seal came off on mine and I’m 100% over messing with it. Picked up a shiny new hrx217hya this afternoon.