California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws
Those laws I referenced are already on the books.

It's not a law. It's an executive order. Which is meaningless.

Worried about manual transmissions going away? Get ready for an extinction event properly worth grieving over, because Gavin Newsom has just announced plans to abolish the internal combustion engine by 2035. In an executive order announced Wednesday, Newsom said sales of internal-combustion passenger vehicles and light trucks would be banned by 2035. Instead of gas and diesel vehicles, the mandate calls for the sale of zero-emission vehicles. Medium- and heavy-duty trucks will be given an extra decade to comply.

BudLight

Threads
  • / California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws
It's not a law. It's an executive order. Which is meaningless.
Actually the executive order is for the vaccine mandate from Biden which the vast majority of companies seem to be enforcing. The California laws are just that. They’re on the books,

BudLight

Threads
Actually the executive order is for the vaccine mandate from Biden which the vast majority of companies seem to be enforcing. The California laws are just that. They’re on the books,
I stand corrected. I went back to look for a reference and discovered that this happened Wednesday of last week and relates to non-union drivers.

A federal appellate court on Wednesday reversed a ruling that prevented California from enforcing a new labor law that trucking companies contend will force them to discontinue the use of independent owner-operators and classify all drivers as employees.
In a 2-1 decision, a panel of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals found that a federal judge in San Diego abused his discretion by issuing an injunction that prevented the state labor commissioner from enforcing Assembly Bill 5, passed in 2019.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I stand corrected. I went back to look for a reference and discovered that this happened Wednesday of last week and relates to non-union drivers.

A federal appellate court on Wednesday reversed a ruling that prevented California from enforcing a new labor law that trucking companies contend will force them to discontinue the use of independent owner-operators and classify all drivers as employees.
In a 2-1 decision, a panel of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals found that a federal judge in San Diego abused his discretion by issuing an injunction that prevented the state labor commissioner from enforcing Assembly Bill 5, passed in 2019.

That's real there. And glad it was overturned. CA doesn't like independent drivers, because they take work away from BIG trucking companies with deep pockets to donate from.

enigma-2

Threads
Seen on the news tonight where they're training hundreds of women to drive trucks (due to the nationwide shortage). Salary's range from $50,000 to $90,000 a year. Some companies offering $5,000 sign on bonus. How times have changed.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That's real there. And glad it was overturned. CA doesn't like independent drivers, because they take work away from BIG trucking companies with deep pockets to donate from.
You mean big truckung companies in the USA actually have drivers !!!!! wow
All of he majors down here have been 100 % sub contract for decades
All of the local delivery companies are aslo 100% sub or sub-sub contractors
And yes all of them have to be regestered as a Pty Ltd company to absolve Fedex, DHL etc from any liability from what the drivers actually do .
I think the only trucking company with employees now days is the post office .

Lawn Addict
Threads
And Scag has just said the new Battery Power Zero turn Liberty for example, for 2022 will cost $15K.....................

That's insane.

BudLight

Threads
You mean big truckung companies in the USA actually have drivers !!!!! wow
All of he majors down here have been 100 % sub contract for decades
All of the local delivery companies are aslo 100% sub or sub-sub contractors
And yes all of them have to be regestered as a Pty Ltd company to absolve Fedex, DHL etc from any liability from what the drivers actually do .
I think the only trucking company with employees now days is the post office .
More in the California news this morning. Link attached for article about logistics CEO toured docks. Laws in place are prohibiting stacking of empty containers any higher than two for esthetic (good looks) reasons. No place to unload new loaded freight containers.