Business question

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
All you need is a calculator to do what I suggested; it's from Econ 101---fixed costs divided by per unit profit.

This is something someone needs to do BEFORE starting a business to get an idea of whether the business is even feasible at all.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I can see where you are coming from it is part of due dilligence .
For me brake even on fixed costs is about $ 20 /day.
However after that everything is a guess.
The Bucket Kohler had 6 hours labour so a nice profit on that but the 2 push mowers I did yesterday were break even.
It is not like a coffee shop where you have a consistent mark up so you know that 145 cups / day is break even and cake is all profit.

MadisyntClay

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi there! Starting a business can be both exciting and overwhelming. It's important to take the time to research and plan before making any decisions. Regarding confidence in your skills, it's natural to have some self-doubt when starting a new venture. However, if you've been successfully repairing small engines for three years, that's a good sign. You have the necessary skills to run a small engine repair business. It's a good idea to create a business plan that outlines your goals, strategies, and financial projections. This can help you stay focused and organized as you navigate the process of starting your business. It may also be beneficial to check business related sources, such as wolfoffranchises.com. I hope I helped!

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You'll work twice as much for 1/2 the pay. lol
What you mean half it is more like near nothing at times....Yesterday was a good example worked all day and only made $2. I might get paid later when the repairs are finally.done but work on 4 units and spent several hours looking for part on the net but only sold an oil filter.