Business question

AVB

Threads
Now it not so silly now. That land is probably looking good now.

Most city dwelling idiots couldn't sneeze without a permit. It like here in a way the county fire department jumped all over me for cleaning a fence row by burning small piles of brush once I move it to a safe place. 60 yrs doing this and now they think I am not able to do safely during dry spells. Small low burning fire are a lot easier to control than ones with all the extra fuel. Its just a matter of common sense but of course they can't drive either without using a cell phone, reading a newspaper, or putting on make-up (guys included on this one).

Several years ago I drove through a local town that had billboards up saying it was illegal to do your own plumbing. Otherwords you couldn't even change out a leaky faucet. Still all the local hardware stores sold the replacements.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
How did Sting say it ?
First came the churches, then came the schools then came the authorities then came the rules.

As for where we are it is a good idea to have that in the right hand block.
I have asked for it to be returned because it makes a difference to what we can do.Things are very different in Europe or the UK and massively different down here when the big names have cozy franchise arangements.

As for DIY,
We were dirt poor when i was young so there was no such thing as calling in a plumber, builder or electrician
I am 68 and the only time I have called an electrician is to repair the fuse box that got hit by lightning and that was only because the supply authority had pulled their fuses .
I ran the office & workshop using 3 generators, one hooked up to each phase so an not to accidentially create phasing problems The fuses for all the 3 phase stuff were pulled.
The electrician was amazed at what I had done , He could not understand why I did not want some one to come out & fix it immediately ( on a holiday weekend at twice the price ) .

When we sold our house in the mountains we needed to get an electrical safety check.
The electrician who did this said " you have done a beautiful job on the wiring "
What makes you think I did it ?
"Because it is neater and better laid out than any professional would have done." was his answer.

When I moved into this workshop , it had been rewired before I got here.
The power was always a bit funny so when I finally got around to checking I found
5 circuits with the max allowed 8 GPO's on each one on a single phase
the "b" phase had nothing on it but the stove & lathe
the 'C" phase had nothing on it but the lathe & lights
And this autrosity was done by a licensed professional.

Balancing the load better and my power problems vanished plus the power bill went down around 12%

PTmowerMech

Threads
Now it not so silly now. That land is probably looking good now.

Most city dwelling idiots couldn't sneeze without a permit. It like here in a way the county fire department jumped all over me for cleaning a fence row by burning small piles of brush once I move it to a safe place. 60 yrs doing this and now they think I am not able to do safely during dry spells. Small low burning fire are a lot easier to control than ones with all the extra fuel. Its just a matter of common sense but of course they can't drive either without using a cell phone, reading a newspaper, or putting on make-up (guys included on this one).

Several years ago I drove through a local town that had billboards up saying it was illegal to do your own plumbing. Otherwords you couldn't even change out a leaky faucet. Still all the local hardware stores sold the replacements.
This is what makes me wanna just stay where I'm out. I'm outside the city limits of a small non interventionist town. No codes, not permits. Nothing but me and my customers. Customers are enough to deal with. But most of them pay cash. So all the money I make, is mine. I'll probably make a lot less, than if I were to open that shop in the nearby town. But will have a lot less headaches. That's worth something. In the end, It'll probably work out about the same.