Business being closed due to shelter at home order until at least April 7

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Business being closed due to shelter at home order until at least April 7
Looks like I am being made to close my shop until the Covid-19 settles down in Illinois Governor just ordered a statewide shelter in place order starting at 5 PM tomorrow for the entire state. May be able to do some emergency generator type work if the power goes out.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We’ll probably be next just to your north. I’d just like to know the rules and how they will be enforced. Have two non elective doctor appointments next week. Who can go out and for what reason. Also, have been running errands for those around who are scared to go out.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hard to enforce but could be possible. Medical appointments, grocery shopping, prescriptions, getting gas are exempt from stay at home. Lawnmower repair may fall under a grey area covered under the safety and sanitation of residential property. Can also go for walks and other outside activities even go to parks, just try to stay at least 6 feet apart

My biggest fear is that I am also the caretaker of my parents that live with me. Mom is 85 with heart and kidney issues, and dad is 79 with type 2 diabetes, and moderate COPD(4 nebulizer treatment per day), and partial left lung removal due to lung cancer 10 years ago, If this thing get into my household it will kill both of them

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
ILEGINE- Take care of your folks........ I think we are all in this together.

Here in Tennessee, had my annual eye exam coming up next week. They called today to say my appt must be cancelled till Aug.
Happening everywhere. My Sister is up in Pa, & emailed they are closing down her job @ AT&T till further notice. She has been with them for 28 years. And news said Pa. was getting locked down like NY.

Some states are enacting curfews.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry to hear about your folks.
If you are elliglbe for assistance, take it because this will just get worse.
Isolation will only work if the entire country does it at the same time.
Everyone isolated for 3 weeks will prevent fresh infections then another 3 weeks for any houshold where covid-19 was detected.
Remember it is virus so can only live in a host for 2 to 4 weeks and outside the host for a few days ,
But you closing down for 3 weeks, being declaired safe then getting exposed from some virus on the plastic packing around parts ( about 3 days viability ) makes the whole thing a big waste of time & money.
Good luck,
Hope it all goes well.
New Zealand closed down the entire country and put a 2 week supervised quarrintine on every one who arrives rather than closing the borders.
We have closed the borders of the entire country buy wimped out on the quarrintine so only australian passport holders will be allowed in & they are supposed to self isolate , not the smartest things to do.
Because no one in governemment has worked in transport they have no idea how amny people would be exposed to live virus on a post / fedex etc satchel between the shipper & the reciever and the CSIRO down here found plastic surfaces could host the virus for up to 72 hours.
So wipe down any such deliveries with a chlorine dampened towel the toss it in the bin .
Apparently pool chlorine will knock covid-19 off as they have declaired that t is safe to swim in chlorinated pools , just so long as once out you keep your distance and wait till you get home to shower & change.

Last edited:

jp1961

Threads
Hard to tell the impact on the economy,,,it could get REAL bad, some are even saying it may become a depression.

I work at a machine shop in Flint that makes jet engine parts, so my job will probably be labeled as mandatory required. We also make firing pins for the government for Browning 50 cal machine guns.

Generally the virus season ends when it gets warm, so hopefully it won't last too long.

Regards

Jeff

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hard to tell the impact on the economy,,,it could get REAL bad, some are even saying it may become a depression.

I work at a machine shop in Flint that makes jet engine parts, so my job will probably be labeled as mandatory required. We also make firing pins for the government for Browning 50 cal machine guns.

Generally the virus season ends when it gets warm, so hopefully it won't last too long.

Regards

Jeff

Yes it will be real bad.
The cashed up investment funds are short selling the stock market through the floor.
Down here a lot of companies share value is way less than their physical value of real estate & IP and these companies are being bought up by company raiders.
When the dust settles most will be closed down & the property sold for hous building thus throwing thousands out of work .
These people will of course be short of cash having been isolating & working shorter shifts for a long while .
In the land of unfettered greed I would imagine it will be a lot worse unless President Trumph steps in and regulates the market.
As he got a lot of money from shorting himself I doubt that he will .
THis can cause a lot of pension funds to fold as well leaving millions without any retirement income .

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just heard a rumor that Wisconsin is shutting down Monday. Supposedly the governor has called out the National Guard. Was told this by a friend who’s son in law is in the guard. Hope I can find TP soon, only have two rolls left, better half says Amazon Prime isn’t shipping any until March 28. Might have to find an old Montgomery Wards catalog stores don’t start restocking soon.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The story is the same here if that is any consolation.
Bog roll is very bulky so the shops only get a pallet or two in each delivery and they go in less than 5 minutes.
The factory reported they have shipped 200,000,000 rolls last week to BDC's and a slightly smaller number the week before.
We have 3 factories but this is the biggest and that is 6 rolls for every man woman & child in the country but the media is still feeding the frenzie.
However I went to an industrial supplier last week and they were limiting bog rolls to 1 case ( 144 rolls ) per customer and the sign said they had 200 pallets in stock.
They also were limiting the bulk rolls ( 10,000 sheets ) to one case ( 10 rolls ) per customer per visit.
So if you have the space try one of them.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Time to stock up on ammo to guard the TP stash.