Broke my mower, dang!

Honest Abe

Threads
EGO stuff is awesome, and always near the top in head-to-head testing. The manufacturer is great, and probably has the best support of any in the industry. Having said that, I prefer multiple small cheap(er) batteries to 1 large, super-expensive one, so I use Makita.

People need to understand that electric yard tools are no more complex or unreliable than good brands of cordless drills, impact drivers, and jig saws, so much of their negativity is unfounded.
when was the last time you bought an plug-in tool that lasted 45 years after daily work use, I have several; but, not a single battery tool has lasted 5 years...... Oh ya, I have a 1981 Case 108 tractor with a deck and blower that my son uses, and which is still going strong after HOURS and HOURS of use!

Last edited:

GearHead36

Threads
EGO stuff is awesome, and always near the top in head-to-head testing. The manufacturer is great, and probably has the best support of any in the industry. Having said that, I prefer multiple small cheap(er) batteries to 1 large, super-expensive one, so I use Makita.

People need to understand that electric yard tools are no more complex or unreliable than good brands of cordless drills, impact drivers, and jig saws, so much of their negativity is unfounded.
I'm negative on battery powered OPE because it's being shoved down my throat. As are EV's and other "green" initiatives. Battery tools are fine for light duty. In some cases, they are easier to use. Like impact wrenches. I was recently at a Discount Tire, and got a look inside their work area. They've switched to battery impact wrenches. But for a mower, or a trimmer, or a chainsaw... I don't want to be forced to have to buy something battery powered.

Craftsman Garage

Threads
@GearHead36 Exactlyyy. Well said. That's my only problem with Electric equipment. Luckily Oregon doesn't force us to buy electric... Yet. I personally have several cordless drills, impacts, etc. And they get the job done great. I haven't tried a cordless blower or mower yet but I don't have high hopes so I'm not going to waste my hard-earned