Export thread

Broke my mower, dang!

A

A-58

Dear dudes,

I'm having trouble with my Kobalt electric lawnmower. I was cutting grass yesterday and hit a metal stake in the ground as I was turning it. The blade stopped abruptly. Couldn't get it to start again. I called a few shops and nobody seems to work on electric mowers. At one shop the guy said that I should hit the restart button to see if that helps. He said that I might have to remove a lid or cover to get to it. If that didn't work I could drop it by his shop and he'd have a look at it. Does anyone know if this works? Many thanks in advance.

A

A-58

?

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

I bet you blew a fuse or blew some part of the electrical system. Not worth fixing IMO. Go get a gas mower, unless you're a tree hugger🙄. My Honda HR215 hit a metal screw-in stake for the dogs and it simply shredded it and tossed it into the bagger like it was nothing! Couple dings on the blade but no other damage to the mower. Gas mowers are better than electric mowers any day.

M

MParr

I highly doubt that you will find anyone to work on that thing.

A

A-58

I bet you blew a fuse or blew some part of the electrical system. Not worth fixing IMO. Go get a gas mower, unless you're a tree hugger🙄. My Honda HR215 hit a metal screw-in stake for the dogs and it simply shredded it and tossed it into the bagger like it was nothing! Couple dings on the blade but no other damage to the mower. Gas mowers are better than electric mowers any day.
Nope, I'm not a tree hugger. The electric mower was a Christmas gift from my Mom several years back. It worked fine until I broke it yesterday. Good cutting too. Hopefully I can get it going without buying another one. Thanks.

A

A-58

That's what it's looking like. Dang.

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

Ok, I get that. I guess I'll help ya. Do you have a multimeter? Do you have any electrical experience? If you could find the model number of the mower or/and upload some pics that would be a good start.

S

slomo

Most old timers would walk the yard, prior to mowing, as to retrieve items like log chains, dog stakes, fence posts, bottles, cars, people, barbed wire, trailer hitches and so on.

A

A-58

Ok, I get that. I guess I'll help ya. Do you have a multimeter? Do you have any electrical experience? If you could find the model number of the mower or/and upload some pics that would be a good start.
I don't know what a multimeter is, nor do I have any electrical experience. I was mainly looking for some help on where the reset or restart switch is located. I want to try to see if that would work and if anyone here knew something about it.

I'm still at work and my mower is at home in the garage so I don't have any access to model numbers and such right now. All I remember is that it's a Kobalt electric mower, with two batteries. Yeah I know that's not much help but it's all I have to go on now. Appreciate the concern.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Unfortunately most shops won't work on electric mowers because there are no parts lists or parts available.

StarTech

StarTech

Unfortunately most shops won't work on electric mowers because there are no parts lists or parts available.
Which is basically a waste of our time. And the manufactures don't even provide us wiring schematic. It like asking us to be Magicians.