Briggs& Stratton engine will not turn over

JimP2014

Threads
Are your main jets the proper size and or possibly in the right spot?

Run the engine with the choke say 50% ON. See if the extra fuel cools the hot cyls down. Enough choke to just start to stumble, for temp testing only.

For an engine that hot, the emulsion tube might be plugged up as well? You getting a full flow of fuel AT the carb inlet? Pull the hose off AT the carb inlet. Drain into a glass jar. Should be a full flow of gas. Something is leaning that engine out. Dirty carb, lines and or fuel tank.

What oil are you running? Don't tell us 5w-30 either LOL. Some Amsoil 20,000 mile wonder oil? Use straight SAE 30W oil to the FULL mark only on flat ground.

With proper oil, OEM good fan for proper cooling and the valves adjusted, shouldn't be over heating like it is.

JimP2014

Threads
I just saw your response. Thank you. I will go check it out and report back here especially with the oil. But it's strange because I was able to cut maybe 1,200 square feet like 4 days ago. The blade wasn't really correct in various components but that took like maybe 20 minutes and everything seemed to go. Okay that's all I can say on that. And now I couldn't even run it today for maybe 5 minutes without reaching temperatures exceeding I think. 850° f.

JimP2014

Threads
I just saw your response. Thank you. I will go check it out and report back here especially with the oil. But it's strange because I was able to cut maybe 1,200 square feet like 4 days ago. The blade wasn't really correct in various components but that took like maybe 20 minutes and everything seemed to go. Okay that's all I can say on that. And now I couldn't even run it today for maybe 5 minutes without reaching temperatures exceeding I think. 850° f.
Forget about my square feet measurements. Let's say 220 ft long by 100 ft wide, whatever that equals. And that was like 15 to 20 minutes worth of cutting. And as I recall the temperatures were maybe 500° maybe 600 on the exhaust pipe when I got done

JimP2014

Threads
So I just went back outside and I want to be very specific about what happened. So I started the engine up which is no problem. I then pushed the throttle lever into the choke position and it started to struggle a bit which is what you had explained. So there's a fine line between the thing running really rough and then seemingly running real high RPM, but I was able to maintain when the lever was up in the choke position. A temperature on the exhaust pipe of around 500° f to maybe 520° f and I put the lever to idle and then then at that point the temperature started to shoot up above 700° f but as far as cutting a large amount of grass in 15 minutes, I was using the thermal gun to check the exhaust pipe temperature and it was pretty close to about 500° f. That's what I'm trying to say

JimP2014

Threads
So I just went back outside and I want to be very specific about what happened. So I started the engine up which is no problem. I then pushed the throttle lever into the choke position and it started to struggle a bit which is what you had explained. So there's a fine line between the thing running really rough and then seemingly running real high RPM, but I was able to maintain when the lever was up in the choke position. A temperature on the exhaust pipe of around 500° f to maybe 520° f and I put the lever to idle and then then at that point the temperature started to shoot up above 700° f but as far as cutting a large amount of grass in 15 minutes, I was using the thermal gun to check the exhaust pipe temperature and it was pretty close to about 500° f. That's what I'm trying to say

So it says four-cycle SAE 30 oil. It's over where all the lawn mower stuff is at this big box store. Let's say I'm pretty sure it's the right thing

JimP2014

Threads

JimP2014

Threads

So it says four-cycle SAE 30 oil

JimP2014

Threads
I can't upload the photo but there's a screw apparently I see and. So it's a brand new carburetor and I see threads looking down near the choke plate area on top and there's some sort of that might go in there. A screw goes in there I think and maybe that explains the extra air coming in

JimP2014

Threads
I can't upload the photo but there's a screw apparently I see and. So it's a brand new carburetor and I see threads looking down near the choke plate area on top and there's some sort of that might go in there. A screw goes in there I think and maybe that explains the extra air coming in
So I looked at a picture of the brand new carburetor and there is a hole on the carburetor with threads and there's nothing in it so maybe it came that way. Maybe nothing is missing except the choke lever no longer has any spring to it even though there's a spring