Briggs news

Lawn Addict
Threads
Toro is back using Kawasaki engines as well as their lochin engines. Seems they are drifting from Kohler.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That is what I read it as , Murray & Noma made mowers under contract for other marketing companies , Mower companies & store brands, none of which they owned , as well as for themselves .
At one time Noma also made mowers for all of the local brands as did MTD
In fact it was not uncommon for the local brands to have one or two models from each company in any single years range .
I do recall Victa selling MTD vari drive & manual geared mowers in a couple of deck sizes , Murray hydrodrives models in a couple of deck configurations side & rear throw & Noma 4 wheel steer models all at the same time .
The colours attached to different brands in the 1999 parts list I have are
Victa Green , Rover Blue , Rover Red , JD Yellow ( 3 of them ) Stiga Yellow , Husqvarna Orange , Sears Red , Toro Red , Viking Green , Viking Stihl Green , Stihl Green , JD Green , Hayters Green , Viking Stihl Grey , Yard King Yellow , K-Go red , Scotts Orange , Scotts Green , Bolens White , Sears Silver , Stiga Silver , Ingersol Red . J C Penny Yellow , Nauder Red , Massey Red .

SO from that the natural assumption was Murray must have made equiment on behalf of other companies or at least supplied finished parts to other companies.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well I can confirm that the local Murray Ohio plant in Lawrenceburg, TN did at least made some of the Sears Craftsman mowers before they closed down. I seen that while servicing some of their credit union bank equipment. Any ways that been a long time ago now since Murray Ohio went out of business and Briggs snatched them up.