Briggs MST

Peter Fleming

Forum Newbie
Threads
How many of you guys on here are Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technicians other than me. Just curious how many are on this forum since there is only about 5000 in the world.

Hi, my name is Peter. I have just qualified as an MST.in Ireland. I work for a Castlegarden.GGP. main importer for the R.O.Ireland.

Threads
G'day from the Waikato in New Zealand, i've been a MST since 2000 & will have to do the on-line resit in april next year to keep certified, i also have done simular on-line training for Kohler & Husqvarna.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
G'day from the Waikato in New Zealand, i've been a MST since 2000 & will have to do the on-line resit in april next year to keep certified, i also have done simular on-line training for Kohler & Husqvarna.

I know what you mean, iv got to sit it asap aswell. luckily you can do it in our own time.

Threads
At the annual B&S tech update, every year until 2007 a MST got a badge/tie pin here in N.Z. 1 year in 2005 i got 1 from the local update & was also sent 1 from B&S in wisconcin & a beer can cooler.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
At the annual B&S tech update, every year until 2007 a MST got a badge/tie pin here in N.Z. 1 year in 2005 i got 1 from the local update & was also sent 1 from B&S in wisconcin & a beer can cooler.

We still get our tie pins at the moment but its the gold badge that has the year printed that sticks on the MST wall plaque that iv not had recently.
Briggs service manager say there is a backlog worldwide.

Threads
I was just wondering about workshop hourly charge out rates where MSTs like us do our thing, my boss put our hourly rate up to nz$75 per hour inc tax ( up from $70) yesterday, here in New Zealand thats a average charge out rate, but i have heard of some shops charging $100 for working on ride on mowers & thats with not having a MST on the pay roll. the currency exchange rate at the moment is around nz$1 will get 83 cents u.s.
I would be interested in any comments.
thanks

chance123

Threads
I was just wondering about workshop hourly charge out rates where MSTs like us do our thing, my boss put our hourly rate up to nz$75 per hour inc tax (

In your country you charge tax on hourly labor? In the US we charge sales tax only for parts sold/used. Jan 1rst, sales tax went up from 7.75% to 8%

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was just wondering about workshop hourly charge out rates where MSTs like us do our thing, my boss put our hourly rate up to nz$75 per hour inc tax ( up from $70) yesterday, here in New Zealand thats a average charge out rate, but i have heard of some shops charging $100 for working on ride on mowers & thats with not having a MST on the pay roll. the currency exchange rate at the moment is around nz$1 will get 83 cents u.s.
I would be interested in any comments.
thanks

I charge 」30 pounds +20% tax so 」36 an hour.
Exchange is 0.52 british pence to 1New Zealand dollar. 100 pence is 1pound.
So we are charging roughly the same.
Its very difficult as domestic customers say "its only a lawnmower" when they see the invoice.
What time do you allow to service a tractor or lawnmower?
Are you fixed menu priced?