BG-86 BG86 Carb Adjustment Tool - Stihl# 59108902314

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just note Stihl dealers are not allow to sell and ship via websites. All part purchases as far as I know must be done thru a local dealer and pickup locally. I had the above octagon tool on order via my local dealer since the 1st of March, even he haven't received his tool either as he order two of them.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Per the title of my post,

"BG-86 BG86 Carb Adjustment Tool - Stihl# 59108902314",​

I'm looking for the Stihl tool, not Aftermarket. Aftermarket and Genuine are not the same thing. Genuine Stihl tools, wrapped in Stihl packaging, bearing the Stihl trademark, etc are available in many places.

I'm looking for one for a reasonable price. That is the essence of my question. Does someone here know where I can find Stihl# 59108902314 for a reasonable price?
I don't know how many times you have to be told or if you have troubles understanding what you have been told so I will say it as simple as I can
Stihl USA can not sell the adjustment tools to any one else other than authorised dealers who have properly trained & certified technicians who are fully conversant with current EPA legislation & have all of the proper equipment in their workshops.
Stihl dealers can not sell them to any one and there are massive fines for doing this .

The situation is the same in Australia
I get parts from the Walbro agent down here.
They can not even buy genuine Walbro adjustment tools from Walbro
They can only go to authorised workshops supplied through the equipment suppliers distribution network

So the simple answer is YOU AS A HOME OWNER CAN NOT BUY GENUINE CARBURETTOR ADJUSTMENT TOOLS FOR ANY BRAND OF TOOL OR CARBURETTOR

And as you seem to want to shout at us I am shouting back at you .

The stupidity of it is I can buy aftermarket kits from ebay & amazon & Made in China & Alibaba but I can not buy them from a dealer who could supply me with the correct tune up details at the same time .
And yes it is a idiot law made so some sleasebag politican can poke his chest out and swear on a stack of bibles that they are working to reduce pollution.
The factories endorsed this new law because it reduces the number of people able to repair tools & ultimately sales of new tools or carbs .

So there is no secret society that you are being excluded from it is just a dumb law

Thus the long and short of it is Aftermarket or nothing

SamD

Threads
Didn’t think I had to do the searching also???
I simply asked if anyone "knew" where they could be found for a reasonable price. I didn't ask anyone to search any more than I asked which dealer might sell me one, forcing me to look at "aftermarket" tools.

Thank you all for your input. I'll take it from here and order one of the Genuine items (NOT aftermarket) that I see from at least half a dozen sellers regardless of price - I need the tool...

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bert - well - the guy on ebay sells them regardless what the rule is. And frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. Too many cooks in the kitchen these days. The guy in the SC mall shooting wasn't supposed to have gun either, same in the Sacramento shooting. This thread seems to be turning into Alice's Restaurant. "Local mower owner arrested and charged for illegal possession of an orange handled screwdriver that fits a listed mixture needle. Bail set at $10,000,000 USD, more on the 5pm news. Meanwhile shooter of six allowed free because it he felt unloved, and it was only his second attempted murder. More at 5pm. Local Weather, sports and more."

Last edited:

SamD

Threads
Bert - well - the guy on ebay sells them regardless what the rule is. And frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. Too many cooks in the kitchen these days. The guy in the SC mall shooting wasn't supposed to have gun either, same in the Sacramento shooting. This thread seems to be turning into Alice's Restaurant. "Local mower owner arrested and charged for illegal possession of an orange handled screwdriver that fits a listed mixture needle. Bail set at $10,000,000 USD, more on the 5pm news. Meanwhile shooter of six allowed free because it he felt unloved, and it was only his second attempted murder. More at 5pm. Local Weather, sports and more."
You and I think very much alike good sir. Thank you again for your help! Stay locked and loaded too... :)

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
I spent 15 years working for an EPA related agency. When they passed a law that said we were limited to drip watering our small garden only one day a week because of drought, even when it was 110F outside, I asked the agency secretary at lunch one day (top person under Governor) what should I do to LEGALLY save the food in the garden. The answer was water the garden when you need to, no one will look over your fence. I see the orange handled screw driver as similar. Do like the Scots did after Culloden when the English outlawed the Scots from having broad swords, hide it when you don't need it. LOL :)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
FWIW
You can buy the genuine tool direct fromChina where they are made
Down side is minimum order is 200.
I seriously doubt there would be any more than 1 factory making them, perhaps 2 at the most
Genuine ones get orange handles and the others are either black , blue or green , mostly black.
The fact that some are willing to flout the law to make a tiny amount of profit, they last time I looked they were 45¢ a piece + freight .
Big risk for a tiny amount of money unless he has a political agenda & wants to be fined so he can challenge the case in court .
It is a stupid piece of law .
Good luck & enjoy using it
I find the whole thing a big PIA as every year or so I have to get yet another "tamper proof " tool .
The current kit has 14 different tools most of which I have only ever used once .
One of the good things about fitting aftermarket carbs is usually you can find one that will work that has jets with a simple slot in them
My suppliers can not sell them either but it is legal to sell them direct from the factory or via Ebay / Amazon but not as a direct on line sale from a retailer .

SamD

Threads
FWIW
You can buy the genuine tool direct fromChina where they are made
Down side is minimum order is 200.
I seriously doubt there would be any more than 1 factory making them, perhaps 2 at the most
Genuine ones get orange handles and the others are either black , blue or green , mostly black.
The fact that some are willing to flout the law to make a tiny amount of profit, they last time I looked they were 45¢ a piece + freight .
Big risk for a tiny amount of money unless he has a political agenda & wants to be fined so he can challenge the case in court .
It is a stupid piece of law .
Good luck & enjoy using it
I find the whole thing a big PIA as every year or so I have to get yet another "tamper proof " tool .
The current kit has 14 different tools most of which I have only ever used once .
One of the good things about fitting aftermarket carbs is usually you can find one that will work that has jets with a simple slot in them
My suppliers can not sell them either but it is legal to sell them direct from the factory or via Ebay / Amazon but not as a direct on line sale from a retailer .
If you can show me a tool with the octagonal head that will fit this BG86 blower carb for a reasonable amount of money, I'm all ears (or eyes).
I haven't seen ANY other tool out there for sale that will work on this 8-sided (octagonal) mixture screw except those that are branded "Stihl"...

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And I told you in post #2, it is illegal for a dealer to sell you the “Stihl” tool you want. What part of that didn’t you understand?