Best Zero Turn Mower Brands

Its Me

Threads
erbug, said it right, get one from a dealer that you can trust, I like Hustler but am a fan of Scags, I have two 48" commercials, two 61" turf Tigers and a 72" turf tiger, I cut a lot of grass, years ago I had a mower shop sales and service, now do home repairs since I retired, the Scags are priced high because they are quality and the home owner can do most belt and blade changing at home, only need a breaker bar to change the belts, Spindles have taper bearings (have to grease them) has a blade bolt so if you hit something will bend the bolt don't have to change out the spindle, I work on all models her at home, some are much more time consuming to work on and the customer pays more, if you want to low dollar buy get one at the box store and when the Hydro pumps go out and the deck rots out throw it away and get another one or buy quality from a local dealer that offer service, but a good one and be done with that, good luck, Joe

NavyNuke

Forum Newbie
Threads
I haven’t seen any discussion about my best purchase EVER! My Ferris with independent suspension, Kawasaki engine and 54” deck is THE BOMB! I cover almost 4 acres on a major hill with the house on top in under 2 hours. I rank this and my Ford F150 Lariat as the 2 best purchases I’ve ever made! Deck is not stamped but forged. This is quality throughout! Cannot recommend highly enough!

DaveOhio

Forum Newbie
Threads
I haven’t seen any discussion about my best purchase EVER! My Ferris with independent suspension, Kawasaki engine and 54” deck is THE BOMB! I cover almost 4 acres on a major hill with the house on top in under 2 hours. I rank this and my Ford F150 Lariat as the 2 best purchases I’ve ever made! Deck is not stamped but forged. This is quality throughout! Cannot recommend highly enough!
I'd buy a Ferris like yours in a second but I only have Hustler money. Wish I had yours when I was mowing my Daughters vacant 4 acres. Fastest I ever mowed it was exactly 2 hours non-stop, but usually stopped for a drink or go to the bathroom and it normally took about two and a half hours. After every time I mowed it though I was looking for the fillings in my teeth and swearing I'd buy a jock strap before the next weeks mow.

pelicanroost

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Ferris Evolution. Expensive but strictly a commercial mower. Extremely heavily built. I think of it as the Abrams Tank of mowers.

Timpiker

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Grasshopper 729 might be the best purchase I've ever made. Its got the deck on the front, push a button and sits right up for you to clean and change the blades. Fun and fast to drive. I'm 64 and started mowing when I was 5 (my Dad's old Wheelhorse tractor). I've had Wheelhorse, Craftsman, White, John Deere lawn tractor, Husqvarna near zero turn with steering wheel, John Deere mid-size with belly mower..... I looked at about 6 brands for a zero turn, all high end. I just fell in love with the Grasshopper 2 years ago. I love how the deck tilts up to nearly a 90 degree angle. I got the deluxe bucket seat that adjusts to your weight for a shock absorber feel going over bumps. I would recommend a few things - shop around for half a dozen within 30 miles, you want a nearby dealer that is good for service and get a loaner to try it out in your yard.

Josty

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I'm looking for a Zero turn Mower and started reading posts on here.
But I also using the internet for research but every time I try searches like Best Zero Turn Mower 2017 or 2018 I get results of
Poulan Pro
Husqvarna
Troy-bilt

Most of these lists don't even show brands that everyone is talking about on here like;
Gravely
Scag
Hustler
EXMark
Toro

Why don't these brands show up?
I Use https://duckduckgo.com for searches.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
But I also using the internet for research but every time I try searches like Best Zero Turn Mower 2017 or 2018 I get results of
Poulan Pro , Husqvarna , Troy-bilt
Most of these lists don't even show brands that everyone is talking about on here like;
Gravely , Scag , Hustler , EXMark , Toro

A bit late for this but it is a quiet night with too many mossies to sit outside & watch the sun set while sipping on a nice red .
So the burning question is why Joe got such a small list of basically crap mowers .
The answer is SEO
Search Engine Optimization for the non geeks out there.
All those spam messages telling you that for a small fee the sender can make your web page come in at the top of any Google search.
So Poulan Husqvarna & Troy-bilt each pay 20 companies the regular small fee then every time some one searches for ZTR each of those companies will come up 20 times near the top
So the first 2 pages will have noting but those brands and ebay who have better geeks to make sure ebay always comes up number 1.

So if you are looking for some thing that you know nothing about yous search for brands
Ie what brands of ZTR's are there or how many brands of ZTR's are there .
This should bring up most of the makers.
There is an old addage which has never been as true as it is with the web
Good products SELL
Garbage has to be SOLD

So the more you see about something the more you should be suspicious.

charlie50

Threads
Poulan Pro
Husqvarna
Troy-bilt

Gravely
Scag
Hustler
EXMark
Toro

Is this for you home or commercial use ? i would defiantly stay away from that top three . Id go with Gravley or Ariens ( same company btw) . i very rarely see these in my shop .

BenR

Forum Newbie
Threads
Poulan Pro
Husqvarna
Troy-bilt

Gravely
Scag
Hustler
EXMark
Toro

I haven't seen much comment and I realize the brand has had good and bad reviews. My Dixie Chopper as far as I am concerned it a great mower. That being said it is the "Excaliber" and everything on it is big. huge pumps and motors, hydraulic coolers, fans at the hubs to keep grass away from the pulley and belt. Kawasaki engine, the seat is set for weight and is a cushy ride. built like a tank. My house sets on 3 acres and I come home from work and get done fast. Damn was it expensive. But I didn't want to by another one. I still keep my JD 455 tractor around and it does the yard workhorse thing and mows about every 3rd time to keep it limbered up. It is a great mower too.
Ben

Thin & Crispy

Forum Newbie
Threads