b&s 6hp bowl nut gasket?

wantboost

Threads
can i make my own if so what material can i use? also how can i find the part number for this??

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
can i make my own if so what material can i use? also how can i find the part number for this??

it would be hard to make one. If you have the old one possibly you could clean it up a little and put a little form a gasket with it. It would need to be something that could withstand gasoline of course.
We cannot help you with the part number unless you tell us the model of the engine it came off.
There are several people here here who will help you if you give them enough information to work with.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Try an aluminum flat washer with an appropriate size hole. ACE hardware or similar may have one.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads

I make my own gaskets often. You can use most any paper product like old mail flyers or thin cardboard. Also you can also buy gasket making material from most any auto parts store. Making small gaskets like a small washer can be a little tricky but can be done. Just don't be too fussy how it may look.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just go to a small engine repair shop. Not a dealer.
Ask them for a bowl nut gasket. Most shops will give it to you.

Or ace hardware sells them for like $0.49

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
A gasket of WOG ( water- oil- gas ) rated material would be best. If you don't have a set of hole punches one can be made from a piece of tubing to punch the hole.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just go to a small engine repair shop. Not a dealer.
Ask them for a bowl nut gasket. Most shops will give it to you.

Or ace hardware sells them for like $0.49

Yes for sure and no big deal doing it that way, but the OP was asking about making a gasket. Which I will do at times if I need a gasket other getting into my car and looking for one which is more of a job then just making a gasket. The nearest parts store to my shop is a 6 mile drive and at that they may not have one.

Bob E

Threads
I've never done it but I would try making one out of a beer can.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes for sure and no big deal doing it that way, but the OP was asking about making a gasket. Which I will do at times if I need a gasket other getting into my car and looking for one which is more of a job then just making a gasket. The nearest parts store to my shop is a 6 mile drive and at that they may not have one.

Was just giving him another option.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Was just giving him another option.

That is why I said, Yes for sure no big deal doing it that way. Didn't mean anything by it and its a very good option. The beer can idea didn't sound too bad either, only thing would be I would like to empty it first seeing in the 90's here today. Nothing better then a good cold Genny beer on a hot day. :thumbsup: