Anyone in the Eclipse viewing area?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm within 50 miles. I may take a trip over there. I got some eclipse glasses, just incase.

The weirdo's are coming out in full force. Some of the online video's of these people are off the chain.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
We are supposed to get 90% here. Got the glasses and they are darker than a number 13 welding lens

woodstover

Threads
Vancouver Island, barely nothing and it's supposed to be heavy cloud, so NO :(

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Same here. I will just grab my welding helmet.

I wouldn't advise that. But hey, if you do, be sure to record your reaction. And the eye doctors reaction when you tell him how you went blind.

J/J.. If you got a 13 or better, you're good.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Vancouver Island, barely nothing and it's supposed to be heavy cloud, so NO :(

We're going to be partly cloudy. So it's going to be a hit or miss getting the right location. I think there is going to be less than 4 minutes of total eclipse.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I wouldn't advise that. But hey, if you do, be sure to record your reaction. And the eye doctors reaction when you tell him how you went blind.

J/J.. If you got a 13 or better, you're good.
I have at least shade 13. And people have been using welding helmets to view eclipses for years, so why is this one so much different.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Me thinks it comes from the days of oxy where the lenses are just a plain tint because oxy gives off mainly infra-red so no UV protection
Arc welding filters are supposed to filter off UV & infra red
And plasma cutting lenses are better still

In any case I am not going to look at it because marjorie Traitor greene warned me it was a sign form god and she is so intelligent and never ever lies .So I will save my soul & not look at it .