Anyone in the Eclipse viewing area?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just be thankful God's workers are just changing the light bulb....It maybe they just changing over to LED lighting.

But most of us will the weird looking daylight and the temp drop for a few minutes.

Last edited:

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have at least shade 13. And people have been using welding helmets to view eclipses for years, so why is this one so much different.

My son bought me a welding helmet several years ago. I tried it out a couple of days ago. It took a few hours to recover from my short glance at the sun. Afterwards, I'd close my eyes and still see the sun, if you know what I mean.
It's one of those that you can see through clearly, but as soon as real bright light hits it, it darkens instantly.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
But they only work when the sparks are bright enough to trip the sensor. Your eyes are safer using a pin hole projector setup.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
But they only work when the sparks are bright enough to trip the sensor. Your eyes are safer using a pin hole projector setup.

It darkened when it was looking at the sun. But I still close my eyes at first.
I have trust issues. :cool::giggle:

chiefcook

Threads
We are in the path. There are patchy clouds so it will be hit or miss. What's interesting is the area is ready for large crowds with Porta potties and stuff. no crowds. It's supposed to be total in about 1 1/2 hrs and no crowds. All the money that businesses spent to prepare for it will be lost.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I was disappointed. Not as dark as I expected. Peaked out about 2:03 for me and by 2:07 you couldn't even tell there was an eclipse. For the welding helmet. It worked up until about 75% coverage and then the available light wouldn't trigger the sensors on the auto darken. Lucky for me I had access to a fixed shade 13.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was disappointed. Not as dark as I expected. Peaked out about 2:03 for me and by 2:07 you couldn't even tell there was an eclipse. For the welding helmet. It worked up until about 75% coverage and then the available light wouldn't trigger the sensors on the auto darken. Lucky for me I had access to a fixed shade 13.

We ended up with a long, slim cloud right in the path for a lot of it. But it finally moved out of the way just about the time moon just passed center. So we didn't miss too much.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
It was perfect weather here and had a total eclipse. Pretty cool.

I got a pair of eclipse glasses for sale now.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
One thing that was extra cool about todays eclipse, was being able to see some of the more brighter stars. During the daytime, that's very rare. You couldn't see them through the glasses though.