Export thread

Anyone in the Eclipse viewing area?

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

I'm within 50 miles. I may take a trip over there. I got some eclipse glasses, just incase.

The weirdo's are coming out in full force. Some of the online video's of these people are off the chain.

I

ILENGINE

I'm within 50 miles. I may take a trip over there. I got some eclipse glasses, just incase.

The weirdo's are coming out in full force. Some of the online video's of these people are off the chain.
Same here. I will just grab my welding helmet.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

We are supposed to get 90% here. Got the glasses and they are darker than a number 13 welding lens

I

ILENGINE

From the mapping it looks like I am 99.79% obscuration

woodstover

woodstover

Vancouver Island, barely nothing and it's supposed to be heavy cloud, so NO :(

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Same here. I will just grab my welding helmet.

I wouldn't advise that. But hey, if you do, be sure to record your reaction. And the eye doctors reaction when you tell him how you went blind.

J/J.. If you got a 13 or better, you're good.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Vancouver Island, barely nothing and it's supposed to be heavy cloud, so NO :(

We're going to be partly cloudy. So it's going to be a hit or miss getting the right location. I think there is going to be less than 4 minutes of total eclipse.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

I

ILENGINE

I wouldn't advise that. But hey, if you do, be sure to record your reaction. And the eye doctors reaction when you tell him how you went blind.

J/J.. If you got a 13 or better, you're good.
I have at least shade 13. And people have been using welding helmets to view eclipses for years, so why is this one so much different.

B

bertsmobile1

Me thinks it comes from the days of oxy where the lenses are just a plain tint because oxy gives off mainly infra-red so no UV protection
Arc welding filters are supposed to filter off UV & infra red
And plasma cutting lenses are better still

In any case I am not going to look at it because marjorie Traitor greene warned me it was a sign form god and she is so intelligent and never ever lies .So I will save my soul & not look at it .

StarTech

StarTech

Just be thankful God's workers are just changing the light bulb....It maybe they just changing over to LED lighting.

But most of us will the weird looking daylight and the temp drop for a few minutes.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

I have at least shade 13. And people have been using welding helmets to view eclipses for years, so why is this one so much different.

My son bought me a welding helmet several years ago. I tried it out a couple of days ago. It took a few hours to recover from my short glance at the sun. Afterwards, I'd close my eyes and still see the sun, if you know what I mean.
It's one of those that you can see through clearly, but as soon as real bright light hits it, it darkens instantly.

StarTech

StarTech

But they only work when the sparks are bright enough to trip the sensor. Your eyes are safer using a pin hole projector setup.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

But they only work when the sparks are bright enough to trip the sensor. Your eyes are safer using a pin hole projector setup.

It darkened when it was looking at the sun. But I still close my eyes at first.
I have trust issues. :cool::giggle:

C

chiefcook

We are in the path. There are patchy clouds so it will be hit or miss. What's interesting is the area is ready for large crowds with Porta potties and stuff. no crowds. It's supposed to be total in about 1 1/2 hrs and no crowds. All the money that businesses spent to prepare for it will be lost.

I

ILENGINE

I was disappointed. Not as dark as I expected. Peaked out about 2:03 for me and by 2:07 you couldn't even tell there was an eclipse. For the welding helmet. It worked up until about 75% coverage and then the available light wouldn't trigger the sensors on the auto darken. Lucky for me I had access to a fixed shade 13.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

1712616300492.png

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

I was disappointed. Not as dark as I expected. Peaked out about 2:03 for me and by 2:07 you couldn't even tell there was an eclipse. For the welding helmet. It worked up until about 75% coverage and then the available light wouldn't trigger the sensors on the auto darken. Lucky for me I had access to a fixed shade 13.

We ended up with a long, slim cloud right in the path for a lot of it. But it finally moved out of the way just about the time moon just passed center. So we didn't miss too much.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

It was perfect weather here and had a total eclipse. Pretty cool.

I got a pair of eclipse glasses for sale now.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

One thing that was extra cool about todays eclipse, was being able to see some of the more brighter stars. During the daytime, that's very rare. You couldn't see them through the glasses though.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I bet you're selling them cheap. 😄😄😄

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

I bet you're selling them cheap. 😄😄😄
Since they are vintage I'm holding out.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

During the totality I could see Venus and I think Mars but Jupiter and Saturn were too low on the horizon.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

During the totality I could see Venus and I think Mars but Jupiter and Saturn were too low on the horizon.

Dang. I didn't even think to look for planets.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

1712630266257.png

S

SeniorCitizen

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Don't sell now . They will more valuable in 2044 -2045.

StarTech

StarTech

Who needed the glasses, cloud cover was just right to the do job. We had over 95% eclipse here but not full eclipse. Just kept on replacing mower drive belt.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Who needed the glasses, cloud cover was just right to the do job. We had over 95% eclipse here but not full eclipse. Just kept on replacing mower drive belt.

I was in the middle of replacing my power steering hoses. And just about the time I got under the truck to connect those down there, the eclipse was over, the clouds were gone, and the sun was shining right down in my eyes.

E

Elkins45

I drove to Indiana with my brother to be in totality.

E68D075C-4340-4942-8A05-ADFCA381015A.jpeg