Any hunters out there?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Lots of bodies, but I don’t see anything I’d waste a shell on. Are they all that small down there? Even that buck isn’t legal because I think you have a 10” spread needed there, right?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Over 7 million here in Texas.. We used to have tons on our 200 acre lease, haven't seen any in weeks.. Matter of fact, they haven't even found the corn yet. Which is fine by me.
I hear all about the millions and all the destruction. Would be great if there was a website that mentioned free hunts for hogs in TX. Tearing up the land....... I ask around here in OKC like at Bass Pro and Cabellas, shoot even wally mart. You guys know any farmers that need help? Nope. The ones that do are charging like an African Cape Buffalo hunt 2 week all inclusive party.

So to me, they don't need any help. Just looking for cash.

If you know of any farmers that really need help let me know.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Most of the farmers/ranchers here in East Texas have enough fire power to keep them at bay... Then again the sounders around here only average about 12 pigs and a few piglets, you get further west, and you're talking 30+ pigs in a group with a crap ton of piglets.
Actually back in 2008, we caught a little piglet, probably not even a week old. We had plenty of powdered milk to use for calves if they didn't nurse. She was a silly pig, ended up naming her Dixie. We never had to worry about what to do with food scraps.we even had friends rhat would bring their old expires canned food etc. And Dixie would chow down. Every fall and winter she would start gathering leaves in her mouth and she would build a nest.. I have some pictures of one on a hard drive somewhere... She died in 2017, just a month after our old dog passed.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Corn thieves
WGI-0316.jpg
WGI-0317.jpg

MowManWV

Threads
I haven't been hunting at all since 2010. I did find a local guy that would take squirrels, not even gutted, just leave them at his house for him. So hopefully get some squirrel time in this year.

I just kill for thrills.....but never let game go to waste. I have given away all but the first animal I killed. I ate that one.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I prefer to eradicate hogs and coyotes, the pesty pesky "aminals". Deer and those beautiful birds get a free pass.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
My hunting the last few years has been limited to dispatching rabid raccoons and rabbits wandering around like the town drunk. Some skunks and farmers groundhogs. Last year a family of raccoons made a bad life decision of trying to setup housekeeping a little too close to the house. They suffered from lead poisoning.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
My hunting the last few years has been limited to dispatching rabid raccoons and rabbits wandering around like the town drunk. Some skunks and farmers groundhogs. Last year a family of raccoons made a bad life decision of trying to setup housekeeping a little too close to the house. They suffered from lead poisoning.
Most here suffer vehicle homocide after I relocate them or at least the last coon did.

And I got a few birds that are greeted by the Mossberg with t shot.